George Washington Token

ashdigger

May 29, 2005
SW Missouri
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX
I recently found this Token in an old civil war area where a camp was suppose to be. It appearers to be old but not from the civil war era. It has a rich dark color and a slight green patina. PBK thought it might be from the 50s-60s and may have come from a cereal box or thru give aways. If anyone has more information it would be appreciated. Thanks for you're time

Attachments

• GW 1.jpg
    GW 1.jpg
    40.9 KB · Views: 601
  • GW 2.jpg
    GW 2.jpg
    42.1 KB · Views: 599
  • GW 1.jpg
    GW 1.jpg
    40.9 KB · Views: 608
  • GW 2.jpg
    GW 2.jpg
    42.1 KB · Views: 582
Upvote 0
I found this similiar coin at an 1890's farm house. Cant help you with any info though. I dont have a pic of the back of the coin but it has a similar back to yours. HH dave.

Attachments

• eisenhower coin.jpg
    eisenhower coin.jpg
    29.1 KB · Views: 597
  • eisenhower coin.jpg
    eisenhower coin.jpg
    29.1 KB · Views: 577
Looking at your GW token brings back some memories....I found one a few years back identical to that one.

Very nice.........

NS

Very nice token! I noted it says GW served as president without pay, the Government did pay his expenses and he had very expensive taste, LOL! HH, Mike

I have found some of or one of these. They are from Cracker Jacks Carmel Corn boxes.

Keep @ it and HH!!

detectordave said:
I found this similiar coin at an 1890's farm house. Cant help you with any info though. I dont have a pic of the back of the coin but it has a similar back to yours. HH dave.

your coin is from a set of brass presidential coins - full set washington to kenedy value 10 dollars... cool find

OK guys; I didn't think it was real old but it was cool digging it up, anyway thanks for the input. Keep digging...........

Nice find Steve, I was thinking someone on this site would help you date it. Tsgman

Yes, these were give aways at gas stations back in the 60's. The also gave away the
cardboard board to put them into, like a coin book. I was detecting the "city park"
in Denver when they drained it a few years back, and I found about a hundred of these
coins. I think someone robbed someones house, and when they found they had the
presidential coins, tossed them into the lake. I spent about 2-1/2 hours and had a sore
back and knees digging them. They were all in about a 3 foot circle. Filled up 3/4 of a
2 pound coffee can.
HH Slabman

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back