Garrett ACE 300 - New Guy Asking...

S

SR25MK4

Hello:

A recent acquaintance mentioned they are having a garage sale and offered me a preview. Among the items was a Garrett Treasure Ace 300. Its not new but it was still packed in its box with the instruction book and the warranty card. I know next to ZERO about these detectors but have had the 'itch' to try this in the past ... but never took the plunge.
Anyway; he said his son used it once for about an hour and never used it again. When I put the Garrett batteries in the display activated for about 10 sec. then went out. He wants $75.00 for it. Is that about right?
I would appreciate your 'ratings' ... How does this model measure up to newer ones?

Many thanks!
SR25MK4

$75 sounds like a good deal to me... I would put some new akalines in and see if it shuts down again, if it does then find out when he bought it and if within warranty have him mail it in for repair.

it would be OK for hunting clad.a little hard to pinpoint with and only goes about four inches if you are lucky. buy a 250 it is three times the detector.

While killing time one afternoon at the deer lease,
I borrowed a friends TA300 and poked around the camp house while
they were turkey hunting. Found an 1899 0 quarter and a few new pennies
with it. And a wheelborrow full of metal from horse shoes to square nails.
tomcat

Mine works rather well...Paid 30 at a garage sale from a guy who didnt know what he had...Even had the box, and the free paper towels that came with it.I have had several detectors over the years Have a Bounty Hunter also, but use this one more..If you are just casual, it is a fine little instrurment.Very easy to use, and light to...Enjoy, Tom

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back