Garrett 1350 On Its Way!

ClonedSIM

Silver Member
Jul 28, 2005
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
White's XLT
Okay, after fiddling around with an old BH 707 for about three weeks, I got a little frustrated and went ahead and bought a 1350 this morning. Need some opinions if anyone feels like sharing. I had been using Whites and Minelab before an unfortunate incident some time back, so Garrett is new to me, but it had all the features I could ask for at a great price. So, what kind of depth are you experiencing? No, let me modify that question, what is the deepest coin you have recovered with this or a similar Garrett? Any problems or complaints you have with the machine? The object size indicator sounds intriguing, but how well does it actually work? I have read a couple of posts that seem to agree coinshooting works best with the lowest three notches toned out, blanking a lot of tinfoil and pulltabs, but leaving a reasonable space for gold. Do you find this to be correct? Any help would be greatly appreciated. :)

Upvote 0
Good deal,

let us know how you like it!

HH

Lonewolfe

I use the GTI 2500,

I like it a lot (have used Garrett's for 20+ yrs) (sold my DFX if that tells you anything)!

you will like it,

they're easy to learn/use, go deep, rugged, long-lasting, water resistant (a LOT more so than white's) and with the size imaging, it helps a lot.

After you get it, give us a report, and if you've got any more questions, I may be able to help,

HH

Lonewolfe

Great, I appreciate it. As soon as I get it, I'll get to some serious posting.

I also have the 2500 with the imaging feature. I really like that one feature alone. When I use one of my other detectors I really miss it. It cuts down on digging up a lot of junk, especially aluminum cans. It is also the most accurate pin pointing machine I have ever used. If it says it's there you can bet on it! Although a single frequency hunting machine it has 8 different frequencies to choose from in case you are getting a lot of interference from another machine or object. I think your 1350 has four frequencies. You will like it! JIM

What kind of depth do you normally get with the 2500, Jimmileo?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back