Garretace350

Brent3289

Jul 31, 2012
HEy guys I had a garret givin to me from a good friend and it's been working fine and I was told that it was waterproof from the housing down so I took it down to a local creek and only put it in maybe 2 -4 inches of water and now when I turn it on its beeping and bouncing around basically going crazy please help tell me if I made a huge mistake or is it something I didn't do... Hope it's not serious just started metal detecting and loving it!

I have a 350 as well, I just looked through the manual and it states that you can submerge the coil just don't get the controller wet. It also says for erratic signal check the connections, make sure the search coil is securely connected to thecoil cable, and wound snugly around the stem. Possibly reduce the sensitivity?? Hope this helps

Playing with the sensitivity def. helped just weirded me out bc I haven't had to touch that and I've kept it full blast, predicate it

Well maybe you should play with it on land and get to know the machine before getting it wet :dontknow: :laughing7:

The good thing is you didn't submerge the control unit, otherwise you would have nothing but scrap :icon_thumleft: :tongue3:

try some brand new batteries, I have the ace 350 also and the battery strength indicator can't be trusted sometimes it says full strength and starts acting weird like that and sometimes at one bar of strength on the display its still working fine

Played with it a little more today def. not as bad as yesterday but still a little bouncy so I'm gonna try battery's tomorrow thank ya fellas

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back