Attachments

• IMG_9041.png
    IMG_9041.png
    610.7 KB · Views: 74
  • IMG_9042.png
    IMG_9042.png
    602.3 KB · Views: 101
tn_md.gif
1st - I noticed this was your very first post - so, Welcome Aboard bryanfagan! You didn't list your state (or country) in your profile. So, you might consider jumping over to Sub-Forum: Select Your Area.... for information (i.e., clubs, hunts, finds, legends, maps, etc.) directly related to your state (or country).
tn_link.gif
2nd - I searched Google and found reference to poison tokens used in a board game where you are trying to poison a player but not yourself in the process...

Upvote 0
Welcome to Tnet from Toronto Bryan! :hello:
I have to agree with vpnavy on your find possibly being a 'game token'

The metal looks odd, it has raised writing on one side and recessed writing on the other.
Also, you found it in area that kids frequent on a regular basis, so it being a vintage 'fantasy game token' makes sense. :thumbsup:

Dave

Upvote 0
Anti-Poison band token? Ha! That made me grin.

Around 1980, when I lived in south-central PA, I used to go hear a spandex & hair/metal band called 'Paris'. In 1983 the band moved to LA and changed their name to Poison.

The "Anti-Poison" band was Cry Tuff. They had a big rivalry with Paris/Poison, even adding a less than flattering song to their debut album called "Poison Girls".

Cry Tuff never made it to the big time music scene.

Sorry for hijacking the thread...

I looked for this token but came up empty. I agree that it is a board game token of some sort.

Upvote 0
I did find a reference to Poison Antidote in the mid-1980's board game "Treasure Quest". But all the markers in that game were cards and different color plastic pieces.

ANTIDOTE-300.jpg

There is a lot of trendy idea 'borrowing' that happens with board games. And most games only last a few years.

The creepy skeleton clown face on your token may be a clue to the time period.

6232720_1.jpg

Upvote 0
Anti-Poison band token? Ha! That made me grin.

Around 1980, when I lived in south-central PA, I used to go hear a spandex & hair/metal band called 'Paris'. In 1983 the band moved to LA and changed their name to Poison.

The "Anti-Poison" band was Cry Tuff. They had a big rivalry with Paris/Poison, even adding a less than flattering song to their debut album called "Poison Girls".

Cry Tuff never made it to the big time music scene.

Sorry for hijacking the thread...

I looked for this token but came up empty. I agree that it is a board game token of some sort.
Us Metalcore guys called both of them "Glam" metal due to wanting to look more like women then men. Sort of like the Pop band Kiss :tongue3:

Upvote 0
Thank you for helping with the ID! What led you to think it was a POG? And can I mark it as solved?

Upvote 0
I had no idea what it was so I used the information that you gave me and searched google for "poison antidote metal game piece" and searched thru the images.

If your happy with it being solved then please go ahead and mark it so. Take care

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back