GA Gold. 10/2 and take to-date.

rtenpin

Sep 18, 2011
Had a nice, albeit cool in the AM, day today.

Pan and shovel only.

bt-gold10.jpg

bt-gold11.jpg

Been at it a month. I've been out 4X now.

bt-gold12.jpg

Upvote 0
looks like as real nice little spot you got there :icon_thumleft: it all adds up lets see more .

tank that's a very good start .nice looking cherokee co. color.should be some good pickers there. best of luck. :headbang:

i agree, that looks like a great spot. trade the gold in for a sluice box.

marinedad said:
i agree, that looks like a great spot. trade the gold in for a sluice box.

My MacKirk Au Trap arrived yesterday :)

Now if it would only rain a bit to get the water flowing...

NICE GOLD! I lived in the Atlanta area back in the mid 80's and was into metal detecting only. I saw an article in the Western Eastern Treasure magazine about gold being found in a small creek where they were building a golf course. The article gave directions and I followed them to the site and met and old fella who said to call him Wild Bill. He taught me about panning and a year later I was transfered to NC and lost touch with the one that gave me the FEVER. Thanks for your pictures...it brought back old memories.
'

How do you get all the black sand out of your gold. I seem to have a lot in mine.....Matt

Matt, go to this address for a vid on removing black sand.

Gramps

The simplest, easiest & quickest way is to use a small gold pan, sometimes referred to as a "finishing" pan. Put a drop or two of Jet Dry (or any liquid detergent/soap) in there to lose the surface tension, but only a drop!

Just keep at it, you'll get better and quicker the more you do it with theses small pans.

To recap:
1. Bring home your sucker bottle / container with gold and black sand.
2. Use a small pan to separate gold from sand (not all black sand is magnetic).
3. Use a drop of liquid soap or Jet Dry.
4. Keep at it, the more times you do it, the easier and quicker it'll get.
5. Suck up the gold minus black sand in to sucker bottle
6. Put gold into little glass bottle for keeping.

Just my 2 oz. worth!

Sh!? that is an awsome take... Do you need a worker to help out I have all me own equipment. LOL keep up the great work That sweet spot is out there waiting on you don't give up. An thanks for the gold fix to keep us all going.. :icon_thumright: :headbang: :hello2:

rtenpin

I sent you a private message. Hope to hear from you soon.

Sam

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back