funny response when asking for halves today...

TheRockDoc

May 28, 2011
So I stopped in at a random bank today and asked the usual question. Hey, Im wondering if I can get some halves, Sure, the head teller says... Most banks dont keep halves on hand, but I do. Anytime you want less than $100 worth, just stop by. If you want more, I need some time to order them. He is bringing me five rolls and he says, If you are planning on mining them for precious metals, dont waste your time... These ones come from the Fed. Then he proceeds to hand me the machine rolled, white with yellow on the wrappers, I believe they were what you all refer to as Strings. From what I understand, the fed doesnt cull silver. I'm looking for some feedback on this, he sounded like he knew what he was talking about, but I am pretty sure I have heard some of you talking about Strings, and even saying you prefer Strings over Brinks. If they have a chance of some silver, I think i will go back tomorrow and get the rest and have him order me a couple boxes. What do you guys think?

Upvote 0
He doesn't know what he is talking about. They don't come from the "Fed". I'm a firm believer that over time averages will even out no matter what service they come from.
HH
enamel7

give 'em a spin. as long as they're not all brand new coins you have a chance, even if he is using a gram scale.

they are not from the fed. his ignance could be your bliss.

Beautiful, that is what I thought guys, thanks. I have went through probably about $250 worth of string machine wrapped halves and havent found a silver yet from one, so I just wanted to make sure. I started wondering, maybe the guy knows what he is talking about. I got two more boxes coming tomorrow. I will post results tomorrow night.

I've had tellers who mention the Brinks boxes come from the FED too. They all come from the FED.. lol

Every now and again the topic comes up on whether or not "they" are culling silver. Well here is my take.

I am always pulling silver out of "fed" rolls so i would say not. Tho there is the possility some people in a service or two have some way of quietly searchin for silver.

quiksilver said:
Every now and again the topic comes up on whether or not "they" are culling silver. Well here is my take.

I am always pulling silver out of "fed" rolls so i would say not. Tho there is the possility some people in a service or two have some way of quietly searchin for silver.

Ditto, even though not much :thumbsup:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back