Makro Simplex+

Attachments

• IMG_2308.jpeg
    IMG_2308.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 48
  • IMG_2309.jpeg
    IMG_2309.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 33
With the proviso that no-one should take advice on the edibility of mushrooms based on a couple of photographs, least of all from me (LOL), I would say it’s an Elm Oyster Mushroom (Hypsizygus ulmarius).

Those are edible and distinguished from other oyster mushrooms (Pleurotus genus) by the fact that the gills terminate at the junction with the stem. That’s what I see in the second picture. On other oysters, the gills run continuously into the stem without a clear termination.

Upvote 2
With the proviso that no-one should take advice on the edibility of mushrooms based on a couple of photographs, least of all from me (LOL), I would say it’s an Elm Oyster Mushroom (Hypsizygus ulmarius).

Those are edible and distinguished from other oyster mushrooms (Pleurotus genus) by the fact that the gills terminate at the junction with the stem. That’s what I see in the second picture. On other oysters, the gills run continuously into the stem without a clear termination.
Thanks. It is a big fresh, fleshy one. I’m not going to eat it without being certain.

Upvote 1
I see them too, never dove in...not a lot of elms left here.

For some reason we see lots of the parasitic Lobster Mushroom. They are wonderful to eat... they turn your scrambled or fried eggs pink!

Did someone say morels😝

Rocks and mushrooms👍

vfm

Attachments

• IMG_6681.jpeg
    IMG_6681.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 14
  • IMG_6683.jpeg
    IMG_6683.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 17
  • IMG_4439.jpeg
    IMG_4439.jpeg