Fun estate sale score.

Marino13

Sep 2, 2020
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Went to old money neighborhood estate sale today and saw this old singer coin bank for 16 bucks. Almost set it back down and heard coins in it.

Hmmmm. I just had to get this. While walking around A coin dropped out. It was an 1883 Indian head! Ok, now I'm excited. Got home and this was inside. 1935 hawaii silver cert, 1934 buff, 2 reached shield nickels, 2 46 Rosie's, 9 Indian heads, a trade token and a fire damaged something. Fun day!
20240822_132245.jpg

Upvote 40
Went to old money neighborhood estate sale today and saw this old singer coin bank for 16 bucks. Almost set it back down and heard coins in it.

Hmmmm. I just had to get this. While walking around A coin dropped out. It was an 1883 Indian head! Ok, now I'm excited. Got home and this was inside. 1935 hawaii silver cert, 1934 buff, 2 reached shield nickels, 2 46 Rosie's, 9 Indian heads, a trade token and a fire damaged something. Fun day! View attachment 2165098
Well played on the bank.
$16 was a quickly returned investment.
Congrats

Hmmmm. I just had to get this. While walking around A coin dropped out. It was an 1883 Indian head! Ok, now I'm excited. Got home and this was inside. 1935 hawaii silver cert, 1934 buff, 2 reached shield nickels, 2 46 Rosie's, 9 Indian heads, a trade token and a fire damaged something. Fun day! View attachment 2165098
Very Nice!!! Congrats!!!

Cool item and great to find it wasn't empty. I would think the bank alone to be worth at least double what you paid. They fetch even more with the original box. Singer gave these away during the 1920s and 1930s as promotional items to encourage people to save up for the deposit on a new machine. They came in various colours.

Singer.jpg

You did GREAT !!!
Congratulations

Love stories like this. Score!

Great Find! I would say, definitely worth what you paid.

The story alone was worth the $16! All the rest is just pure bonus! Congratulations! Thanks for sharing this with us.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back