Fun at the park

Blue_Dude

May 15, 2005
Wisconsin
I went to detect a county park after a large country music festival, and found out I needed a permit. I headed to the county parks office and played the game and got my permit. It being good for one week. One quote from the permit that got me "All junk metal ond other solid waste must be placed in a trash container. All other itms found must be turned in to the Park Directors Office for evaluation, and possible retainage. If retained materials are unclaimed the items may be returned at the end of a 60- day waiting period to the Permittee." I think I should drop off the two dollars in clad I found just to give them something to do. They gave me a map of the park highlighted where I could detect. The only area were the parking areas. I didn't dig and just used a probe. Then when I was leaving the park I see another couple digging away in another area that was not marked off. LOL
I think the county parks are off my lists.
HH

Upvote 0
Sometimes I think in those parks you should just go ahead and hunt like you owned the place. Iif anyone says anthing to you, just act like you just fell off the turnip truck.
~Kansas~

HAHA ,thats funny ,you should have turned in the clad LOL!

Same thing happened to me at the county ball field. A county employee drove up in his truck and asked for a permit. I packed up and left. All I got was pull tabs and bottle caps. I'm not going to pay to clean up their junk. Never inquired as to the cost of a permit.

The funny thing is I was there detecting and a county employee came and asked to see my permit. He was not a bad guy but told me they ticket me if I didn't have one. So sure enough I went back and a county cop comes through and asks for my permit. I walked back to the car and showed it to him and he went away. Being that is only good for one week I think they don't want people detecting the parks.

I get around the state quite a bit, if you dont mind what county, I'll scratch it off. Hope it's not mine, so far nobodys said boo.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back