FT. Lauderdale. Floater rescues a conch.

F

Floater

Well at least I thought it was one. It was this white thing about 12 inches long and about 6 inches wide and had this brown section kinda at one end. It didn't have eyes and it was laying on the beach just washed up. It was still moving so this guy comes over and starts speaking to me Spanish and then his wife comes over to translate. I no Espagnol. We decide its a conch anyway and I put it on his surfboard and he takes it out about twenty feet and dumps him in. He wasn't in his shell so I figure he must of lost his house in the storm too. Hunting was only on shore. I wasn't going to get beat up even though today was a lot calmer then yesterday. Found 65cents and an asteroid. Check it out.HH

Attachments

• mtlcoins.jpg
    mtlcoins.jpg
    47.9 KB · Views: 524
  • asteroid.jpg
    asteroid.jpg
    29 KB · Views: 535
  • asteroid1.jpg
    asteroid1.jpg
    27.8 KB · Views: 523
Upvote 0
LOL!

cool finds Float!

Nice finds Float! To bad the guy wasn't in his shell. Cracked conch is excellent eatin!! Good thing that huge asteroid didn't cause us a tidal wave!! LOL!

HH 8) surfrat

Good job Floater! ;)

:o :o :o

You put the conch back in the ocean?? And "RESCUED" it??

That poor, poor conch thing... It had been swimming for days, possibly weeks to FINALLY reach the beach, so it could fulfill his lifelong quest of laying eggs or something, and you took it back and fed it to the sharks... :'( :'( :'(

Just kidding Floater... ;D

That's a cool meteorite....

Meteorite? I've found 3 of those things and thought they were just slag and threw them away! JIM

jimmileo said:
Meteorite?? I've found 3 of those things and thought they were just slag and threw them away!? JIM?

Who knows Jim. I call em asteroids and stickin too it. :D

Reminds me of an old story I heard a while back.

OTTER RESCUE-THANKS A LOT

After an oil spill a sea otter was rescued just drenched in oil. Before long a local school got involved and made the otter a mascot of the school. Seeing a great PR moment a big company agreed to pay the $70,000 necessary to clean it up and prepare it for it's release. It made a great human interest story in the local paper and before long the otter was ready for it's release. So on the day of it's release the dock was crammed with the kids and their parents from the school. Even the school band was there to say goodbye and to send the critter back to the sea. So they released the otter and everybody was thrilled. He was swimming around the harbour and was enjoying himself. He was swimming on his back and it almost appeared that he was waving to the kids on shore. However in front of a horrified audience, a killer whale suddenly appeared out of nowhere and casually gulped him down.

A $70.000 lunch
George

bakergeol said:
Reminds me of an old story I heard a while back.

OTTER RESCUE-THANKS A LOT

After an oil spill a sea otter was rescued just drenched in oil. Before long a local school got involved and made the otter a mascot of the school. Seeing a great PR moment a big company agreed to pay the $70,000 necessary to clean it up and prepare it for it's release. It made a great human interest story in the local paper and before long the otter was ready for it's release. So on the day of it's release the dock was crammed with the kids and their parents from the school. Even the school band was there to say goodbye and to send the critter back to the sea. So they released the otter and everybody was thrilled. He was swimming around the harbour and was enjoying himself. He was swimming on his back and it almost appeared that he was waving to the kids on shore. However in front of a horrified audience, a killer whale suddenly appeared out of nowhere and casually gulped him down.

A $70.000 lunch
George

Nice one George. The things people do for a little attention. :D :D

Hey Dave,

What kinda tone did the Excal give off when you found that "asteroid" ;)

Rod

? ? ? ?Nice finds!!? ? Good job saving the conch.? If it had been me, i could not of walked away without doing something too. Or it would have been forever on my conch - ense.? ? ? ?HH

Hey Floater,

My old partner and I used to find a lot of those "asteroids" around the beaches at Sebastion. We thought they might be melted pieces from unfortunate rockets launched at the Cape.

Aquanut

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back