From the estate of a THer and Civil War Buff

batcap

Jun 22, 2010
Baltimore MD
Detector(s) used
AT PRO
Last edited:
Upvote 0
the percussion cap stuck in the melted lead is really cool.

Nice assortment of bullets. There are a lot of common bullets like the 3 ringers and the Type III Williams Cleaners. The carved bullets are very cool. Those are always good to display. You have pulled bullets which they would have done before entering camp. I see a Gardner, Enfield, Spencer, and Type II Williams Cleaner also. The brass items are pretty common as well.

Can you takes pics of the bullets in the top left bag of pic 5? I think I see 69 calibers in there.

Awesome you did good!!! Nice civil war lead!!

I posted a different set of pics with everything laid out and sorted in the Garage Sale forum. There were 29 .69 caliber, about 140 .58 cal, not including the real beat up ones. There were a handfull of ball rounds including one of iron. There is a somewhat expanded selection of oddballs too. I understand it is bad etiquette to crosspost so I didn't repost them here. I've since learned what an Enfield and a cleaner bullet looks like, but I'll have to search for info about Gardner and Spencer bullets. Thanks for the help RockyDig!

Very nice assortment. Some nice carved ones. I like the ole enfields and williams cleaners. Good score sir.

Nice, your last image shows rivets and some with leather still in them...been getting alot of these myself lately, does anyone have any idea about them? ie what they may be from ie saddles, boots, etc?

Nice, your last image shows rivets and some with leather still in them...been getting alot of these myself lately, does anyone have any idea about them? ie what they may be from ie saddles, boots, etc?

Bottom of knap sacks?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back