Friends, friends house finds

johnrielly

Jun 14, 2005
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Went to my friends,friend house to do some detecting. The house was in the early 1900's. Between the two of us we found 12 wheaties, a small silver cross,a pin that said sheriff 185 on it?? and $2.10 in clad. Im not having any luck finding silver coins lately but in the past month I have detected 6 times and have found 71 wheats all common dates. Anyone know a silver program for the dfx. I know where I have been detecting their has to be silver.

Upvote 0
I don't have a DFX, but on my XLT I accept EVERYTHING from one on up. Learn to hear the signals and read the VDI, and you become the discriminator. If you are finding that many wheats and no silver then maybe the place was cherry-picked long ago. Silver is loud on a XLT and you can't miss it if the soil is right. I still bet there are some left, take your time. HH

Hi,
Good job so far. I know I've thought many times that there has to be silver at older home sites and locations, but most of the time I don't come home with silver. Interestingly, I have found 5 silver coins in 8 years of off-and-on metal detecting! I found 2 Roosevelt dimes from the 1950's at a college built in 1880's, a Washington quarter and Walking Liberty-half dollar from the early 1940's between two cul-de-sacs and my most recent find, a 1941 Mercury dime at a rural, elementary school built in 1954. I don't really go out with the intention of finding silver (or gold) for that matter. It can be so unpredictable, and often disappointing. I welcome the more likely possibility of finding interesting tokens, trinkets and jewelry, and treat every signal as if it could be valuable. Additionally, my silver coin and silver ring totals are both at 5. That number should grow, but we don't always know when...or where. Keep hunting!

Matt

Wisconsin ?

It's the rule
where there's wheat pennies, there should be silver. slow your sweeps down and listen for those deep coins and the ones that are on edge or amongst the crap.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back