Friday’s Finds xx

blossom

Silver Member
Apr 18, 2022
UK
🥇 Banner finds
Well we had quite an exciting day today, handed 50 items into the FLO for logging on the database.

They are still scratching their heads about my Gold Stater, even talking to the experts across the channel …! So far it is still the only one of its kind recorded and if that wasn’t exciting enough, the museum would like to keep my Silver Seal Matrix… the one with the skeleton on it! Now that is amazing! 😎

So given we had only the afternoon left to play, we went to a new little field, this is the next field over from where we found the Roman Coins and Tesserae. And yes he found 2 scrappy Romans, so he was super happy, and is cleaning them as I type.

I found a clack valve.. nearly blew my ears off 😂 … Tap key, musket ball and a perfect lead roll, buttons, a weird coin/token it’s an inch across, 1/8 the inch on the rim and weighs 9gms 🤔 a Cartwheel Penny, 2 toasted pre dec coins, a 1919 and a 1876 penny.

As you enjoyed the tractor pics yesterday… we swung past a posh car shop and saw something thought you may like to see today rather than a flower 😆 xx

Last day of detecting tomoz ☹️… Sunday we are off for a waddle with the local Basset Hounds 😆 xx

IMG_4298.jpeg
IMG_4299.jpeg
IMG_4300.jpeg
IMG_4301.jpeg
IMG_4302.jpeg
IMG_4303.jpeg
IMG_4304.jpeg
IMG_4305.jpeg
IMG_4307.jpeg
IMG_4295.jpeg
IMG_4290.jpeg
IMG_4289.jpeg
IMG_4287.jpeg

Upvote 19
Congrats! Great hunt !

A study of the roll of lead wants it to have been inscribed before it was rolled. While some of the cuts could have been after it was rolled. Leaving me slightly, (insert laugh here) puzzled.

And another tap.(!)
Methinks folks staggered about and fell down a lot there when in charge of a key..
It has a hole for tying cordage to it. Or a necklace or untold methods of not losing a tap.
Unless a tap wanted lost. Or atap holder wanting it lost. As in a grudge against the keg guard or owner perhaps?

Car has rather low ground clearance for metal detecting even though the fields shown are somewhat hazard free. It would get hung up crossing the creek.

Speaking of creek. And clacker valves.
No this one isn't the same as a steam engine. But the car could drag pipe to the creek to try to figure out a downhill enough run to get gravity to work the clacker?

(3:52)
(8:00)

Well you certainly have them trying to figure out the Gold Stater.
Now that's bloody exciting.
They want the Seal Matrix how cool.
You will be rewarded I'm sure.
How cool is that the chat piratess has gotten a treasure.
Rather have the green tractor myself.

Well done Himself on the Roman, he must be a tad chuffed in getting a detailed one.
Congrats!
Give it the everything tomorrow, will be sending golden thoughts your way.

Well we had quite an exciting day today, handed 50 items into the FLO for logging on the database.

They are still scratching their heads about my Gold Stater, even talking to the experts across the channel …! So far it is still the only one of its kind recorded and if that wasn’t exciting enough, the museum would like to keep my Silver Seal Matrix… the one with the skeleton on it! Now that is amazing! 😎

So given we had only the afternoon left to play, we went to a new little field, this is the next field over from where we found the Roman Coins and Tesserae. And yes he found 2 scrappy Romans, so he was super happy, and is cleaning them as I type.

I found a clack valve.. nearly blew my ears off 😂 … Tap key, musket ball and a perfect lead roll, buttons, a weird coin/token it’s an inch across, 1/8 the inch on the rim and weighs 9gms 🤔 a Cartwheel Penny, 2 toasted pre dec coins, a 1919 and a 1876 penny.

As you enjoyed the tractor pics yesterday… we swung past a posh car shop and saw something thought you may like to see today rather than a flower 😆 xx

Last day of detecting tomoz ☹️… Sunday we are off for a waddle with the local Basset Hounds 😆 xx

View attachment 2164266View attachment 2164267View attachment 2164268View attachment 2164269View attachment 2164270View attachment 2164271View attachment 2164272View attachment 2164273View attachment 2164274View attachment 2164275View attachment 2164276View attachment 2164277View attachment 2164278
Very Cool!!! Congrats!!!

View attachment 2164266View attachment 2164267View attachment 2164268View attachment 2164269View attachment 2164270View attachment 2164271View attachment 2164272View attachment 2164273View attachment 2164274View attachment 2164275View attachment 2164276View attachment 2164277View attachment 2164278
That was very kind of you to let himself Garner a couple scrappys. :). Love the key!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back