Freightdawg

freightdawg747

Sep 29, 2008
Fort Mill, SC
Detector(s) used
F75, Minelab Excalibur 1000, Garrett Pro Pointer
Grew up in Pa. and started using a MD in the early 80's ( a Sears Whites TR-Disc....I drove my parents nuts over a few years to get Santa to bring me a detector) later moving up to a 6000Di Series 3 in 1984 and finally after attaining another 6000Di S3 (Hip Mount) a few years ago, I decided to move into the 21st century this summer and stuck my old machines on Ebay and used the proceeds to buy a Garrett GTI 2500 (wow how things have changed...the thing talks...don't know if thats a good thing)!! Have been lucky to have been able to detect in Europe and New Zealand as well as all over the Eastern US. Other activities: I love airplanes, brew beer and play some rugby (scrum half #9)! Currently living in SC near Charlotte NC.

Alexandmejpg.jpg

Me and my treasure hunting buddy

WithDonPaulsentheFlightEngineer114d.jpg

At work Spending some time in Bahrain on the 747- 200 (on the left) Now on the 747-400 LCF

preflight1.jpg

The biggest risk I have found in aviation...other than the job market!!

IMG_0501.jpg

The Mrs. "You're not wearing those clothes in this house after you've been out digging in the mud and hauling all that junk home!!!"

Nice pics.! I also like aircraft. Jumped out of a few and had the stick a few times on smaller ones PA18 and C172's (wheel). Lots of stories to tell there, so I would imagine that you have a lot of flying stories to tell, being around them all day! Ever find any interesting stuff detecting?

Welcome to mugs..Great pics, your wife is naturally beautiful, thats a rarity these days..
Thanks for sharin'

Molly. :thumbsup:

jimb said:
Nice pics.! I also like aircraft. Jumped out of a few and had the stick a few times on smaller ones PA18 and C172's (wheel). Lots of stories to tell there, so I would imagine that you have a lot of flying stories to tell, being around them all day! Ever find any interesting stuff detecting?

A few old Large cents , old election tags, a few Barber Head coins and a few rings, nothing majorly valuable, but I have had a lot of good times out looking. In the past I've mainly looked for older coins, but now living in the south I have started looking for relics as well with all the areas around here with ties to the revolutionary and civil wars.

Welcome to the forum. Great pictures...awesome snake shot. Looking forward to seeing some of your posts!

Welcome to TNet! My coin detector is a Garrett GTA 1000...it still works, so haven't bought a new one yet. :icon_sunny:

Lovely family! It is nice to meet you. Watch out for those rattlers!!!

WelcomeSign2.gif Dawd, great to see ya! You have a beautiful wife and a handsome hunting partner. Looking forward to seeing and hearing about your finds. Good luck & happy hunting!

:wink: RR

Attachments

• WelcomeSign2.gif
    WelcomeSign2.gif
    3.1 KB · Views: 197

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back