Free Soap Anyone??

bigrig40

Bronze Member
Jan 21, 2005
Central Indiana
Detector(s) used
white's
Hi all,
Went out and hit a yard that we have found a few wheats and clad nothin awesome put enough to keep you interested.And started finding the same with 3 wheats incl 1 1935 and found a pretty cool item to me a token for 2 free cakes of soap from Crystal White Laundry Soap.I love finding items like that.Also dug up what appears to be a case of some kind.Found the 2 halves about 10 feet apart.We have our fall hunt at our club meeting sunday so hopefully can add afew to the ol collection then.Will post later.

peace,bigrig

Attachments

• free soap.jpg
    free soap.jpg
    19.5 KB · Views: 473
  • free soap back.jpg
    free soap back.jpg
    18.2 KB · Views: 478
  • case top.jpg
    case top.jpg
    16.8 KB · Views: 472
  • case bottom.jpg
    case bottom.jpg
    14.6 KB · Views: 460
Upvote 0
Very cool, Bigrig
I found a token about like that, same company, but a little different design, back when I first started detecting.
I agree, Silver is nice, but I like to find things that make me learn a little history too...
Good luck & Happy hunting~

Tokens are very intesting finds, thanks for posting it.

yeah those are some cool different finds. keep at it and hh

Bigrig,

really nice finds; tokens are a true part of the past.

have a good un.............
SHERMANVILLE ILLINOIS

Very nice finds BR! Any numbers or patents or company names on that compact you found? Nice token, any idea of the metal it's made of, aluminium? I really enjoy finding tokens, found a rare token yesterday from a long gone brewerie. Will post pics later. HH, Mike

Good Job Bigrig!!
What do you this the copper lids are? possibly a snuff can? Tokens are great, wounder how many differant Soap Tokens there were?........

Really cool token, those are fun to find. Good luck with your club hunt. We had our club hunt a week ago and it was a good time. We had about 25 hunters. There were 3 different types of hunts, a main hunt with silver coins. Next was a cache hunt, silver dimes inside a film cannister and buried about 2 or 3 inches. and the last one you had to find tokens for prizes. They gave away 2 metal detectors. I did ok with 170 silver coins total, one 44 walking liberty, a franklin half and 2 barber quarters, 14 silver quarters, and 1 barber dime, and 7 mercs. The rest were silver dimes. I found 14 of the cache's. Good luck on your hunt.

Hey Bigrig, nice finds. Love the token. I believe your case is a ladies powder compact. I have found a few that are similar. They were popular from the late 1800's up. It's hard to date them, but you probably have an idea from the other items you have found around there. Congrats..Lance

Cool token BigRig. Not one you see everyday. That compact is nice. Did you put a little character on it with your digger. I don't know about you guys but my grounds have been so hard this summer. It sucks because stuff get scratched and broke more often.

Keep up the search

HH Jeremy

Yup real nice case there BigRig, It doesnt look like a compact case but more like a watch case. Hmmmm? Maybe a snuff case? Or maybe a Pill Case? Intersting. HH

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back