Silver Member
Apr 17, 2009
Cumberland Va
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
T-2-SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I received a very official looking letter from Anthem BlueCross today. The letter states, I was mailed a check that I haven't cashed, and they wanted to inform me I must cash the check within 30days or it is void. Or, If I didn't receive my check to email them or call them at a number provided on the letter.

So me being very Leary of things like this I looked up the phone number and it is indeed a scam.
So friends, don't fall for this theft attempt .

I received a very official looking letter from Anthem BlueCross today. The letter states, I was mailed a check that I haven't cashed, and they wanted to inform me I must cash the check within 30days or it is void. Or, If I didn't receive my check to email them or call them at a number provided on the letter.

So me being very Leary of things like this I looked up the phone number and it is indeed a scam.
Thanks for posting the info.

I got a call asking if I got my new, plastic, Medicare card. They needed to verify my card number. I hung up and googled it. There is no new card and Medicare will never call you for any such info. It’s an attempt to glean personal information for ID thieving.

We need to be hyper alert and trust nothing we didn't initiate online ,by phone or by mail .
on the news today they had a story of over 40,000 people defrauded so far this year in an Amazon scam

There are SO MANY SCAMS out here now. Hate to think of the next 20 years

So far I have got text from AT&T to renew my cloud storage, enter cc info, I declined and ATT said it was a scam when I called them.

Phone call I would be arrested if I did nor pay my outstanding income tax owed. Via gift card, none owed per IRS, scam.

Email with SS header, my Social Security had issue and I would not receive any further checks till I refunded over payment of $1000.... None owe, fraud per SS.

Multiple texts and emails multiple times that there was $950 charge on my Amazon account for new cell, please fill out document with account number and other info to dispute charge. Logged into account, no unauthorized charges..fraud.

Another text said problem on my PayPal to call this number, when called they wanted me to log into my bank account while they were logged into my desktop and paypal account to verify they were synced up. They couldn't understand why I refused, they promised not to look at my screen while I was logging into my bank account.

Lots of scammers out there, be careful.

Another text said problem on my PayPal to call this number, when called they wanted me to log into my bank account while they were logged into my desktop and paypal account to verify they were synced up. They couldn't understand why I refused, they promised not to look at my screen while I was logging into my bank account.
ROTFLMAO! 🤣🤣🤣

I'm sorry... My scoff isn't aimed/meant for anyone here. I just haven't heard the, "I promise not to peak" ploy since somewhere around first grade.

Serendipitously, last night we watched....
1720624219993.png

ROTFLMAO! 🤣🤣🤣

I'm sorry... My scoff isn't aimed/meant for anyone here. I just haven't heard the, "I promise not to peak" ploy since somewhere around first grade.

Serendipitously, last night we watched....
View attachment 2158249

Voice on call was offended I wouldn't trust him to let him have remote access to my pc or login to my bank account when he promised to not look at pw.

Voice on call was offended I wouldn't trust him to let him have remote access to my pc or login to my bank account when he promised to not look at pw.
Of course! Anything to put a mark off balance. Probably in their play book. I'm glad you saw through it.

It’s sad that so many scams are out there nowadays. Even a scam for student loans . I have my phone set so it goes straight to voicemail if they aren’t on the contact list but sometimes they will still leave a message like it’s no big deal. They will try anything cause they aren’t being held accountable.

You Americans are so generous. I received this by email:

My name is Warren Edward Buffett, and I'm a corporate tycoon, philanthropist, and investor from the United States. Berkshire Hathaway's chairman and CEO.
With a net worth of more than $96.3 billion USD as of 2022, I has [sic] been regarded as one of the world's most successful investors. I am a firm believer in "giving while living." The idea that you should use your wealth to help people around the world is one that never leaves my mind, so I have chosen to donate this sum through our Sunshine Lady Humanitarian Grants Program to give out $10,500,000.00 (Ten Million Five Hundred Thousand United Dollars), to internationally chosen recipients at random.
You should consider yourself one of the fortunate ones if you have received this email. Your online selection of an email address while a haphazard search [sic].
Please respond to me when it's convenient. My Attorney will answer (Recipient's name), (Country), (Home Address), etc (Phone Number)...
Regards,
Buffet, Warren Edward

Add that to: the check for “US$960,000.00 Dollars (Nine Hundred And Sixty Thousand Dollars Only)” together with a Silverado truck the “Chevrolet Automobile Company (GMC)” want to give me; the “25,500,000.00 usd (Twenty five Million Five Hundred Thousand Dollars)” I’ve been awarded from the “sponsor of Coca Cola Company” currently deposited with the Faisha Bank of Kenya (FBK); and the “abandoned shipment in a metal trunk box which contains approximately $12.5 Million” which has consignment details including my name and email address, for which the “Assistant Inspection Manager at San Francisco International Airport” says he’ll pay the inspection fee of $3,800 and deliver to my doorstep if I give him a 30% share… then I’d say I’m doing pretty well.

Not to mention the extraordinarily large number of "Dualit milk frothers" I’ve won.

I've sent my online bank details and passwords to all of them. Just a matter of waiting now,

Last edited:
You Americans are so generous. I received this by email:

My name is Warren Edward Buffett, and I'm a corporate tycoon, philanthropist, and investor from the United States. Berkshire Hathaway's chairman and CEO.
With a net worth of more than $96.3 billion USD as of 2022, I has [sic] been regarded as one of the world's most successful investors. I am a firm believer in "giving while living." The idea that you should use your wealth to help people around the world is one that never leaves my mind, so I have chosen to donate this sum through our Sunshine Lady Humanitarian Grants Program to give out $10,500,000.00 (Ten Million Five Hundred Thousand United Dollars), to internationally chosen recipients at random.
You should consider yourself one of the fortunate ones if you have received this email. Your online selection of an email address while a haphazard search [sic].
Please respond to me when it's convenient. My Attorney will answer (Recipient's name), (Country), (Home Address), etc (Phone Number)...
Regards,
Buffet, Warren Edward

Add that to: the check for “US$960,000.00 Dollars (Nine Hundred And Sixty Thousand Dollars Only)” together with a Silverado truck the “Chevrolet Automobile Company (GMC)” want to give me; the “25,500,000.00 usd (Twenty five Million Five Hundred Thousand Dollars)” I’ve been awarded from the “sponsor of Coca Cola Company” currently deposited with the Faisha Bank of Kenya (FBK); and the “abandoned shipment in a metal trunk box which contains approximately $12.5 Million” which has consignment details including my name and email address, for which the “Assistant Inspection Manager at San Francisco International Airport” says he’ll pay the inspection fee of $3,800 and deliver to my doorstep if I give him a 30% share… then I’d say I’m doing pretty well.

Not to mention the extraordinarily large number of "Dualit milk frothers" I’ve won.

I've sent my online bank details and passwords to all of them. Just a matter of waiting now,
What No Publishers Clearing House Sweepstakes ‽‽‽ 😲

I'm afraid you've been slighted, my scarlet-mantled friend!

Last edited:
The scams are everywhere and involve everything imaginable. Keep all of your personal info to yourself and keep your money in your pocket.

The scams are everywhere and involve everything imaginable. Keep all of your personal info to yourself and keep your money in your pocket.
Very true. Also, we keep nudging toward a cashless society. When cash is gone, we’ll see a lot more scams. Easier to steal eggs when they are all in the same basket.

Haven't seen that one yet, good heads up. We get those at work all the time, wanting us to go into the ECR room (where our mainframe computer system is) or load up a bunch of gift cards to test our register system. We just hang up. The best one I got was the other night when a guy told me he was calling from the Kroger Command Control Center, and they had received an e-mail from Comcast saying our internet satellite uplink was down, and did I have access to the ECR room and have some time? I thought I was on Star-Trek. I hung up of course.

I've gotten more phone calls and emails (all scams) so many times. Nobody's going to GIVE YOU anything. And if you've done nothing wrong why would you be concerned about any threats?

Many..... MANY times when one comes in I put the phone on speaker so my girlfriend or some family member can take a seat and watch the "show". I love to screw with them and string them along. I've had some on the line for a half-hour while playing stupid. And if I would have recorded the many conversations you all would have laughed your asses off.

My favorite was the one from the "postal police". They informed me that a drug shipment with my address had been intercepted. "OH NO.... now what?" Well if I cooperated with them I could avoid being arrested.... "well hell YES.... now what?" First.... please tell us your address to confirm this package. So I gave my old address from 30 years ago in MI. "YEP.... exact match" they say!

Long story short now.... I keep them going by playing stupid and giving out wrong C.C. info to pay my "fine" 3 times. Finally they said ok "We're going to stop playing nice and come out and arrest you".... I pleaded for them to please don't and just release those packages because I had customers awaiting this shipment. "Please hold..." Then somebody else came online. I had 1 chance to pay a $5,000 fine and if it went thru my packages would be released....! "GREAT... give me a second to get a card I know will work". I checked phone 15 minutes later and it was dead. Then same call the next 2 days before they wised up. I should have recorded it.... very good laugh...!

Scams, I don't hardly use or reply to email or answer my phone with any number I don't recognize

If I had my way any caught engaging in cyber online fraud should be executed as an example to others. not ones that are prisoners in sweatshop scam factories but ones running them.

Crow

There is an insurance agent in Hollywood, Florida that keeps signing my wife up for Insurance from Anthem Blue, each time she cancels he's refiles in her name, and each time collects a commision. She has the police and FBI investigating this clown.

I get so many of these type warnings. I am sure I will probably miss a real one in the near future but i am not answering them all

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back