deathhare

Dec 29, 2008
Nashville, TN
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero, Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ive been so busy that I havent gotten out in months but today caught me well up.
Was luckly enough to hunt a pretty good spot near the Battle of Franklin this morning.

About the third hole I dug yielded my first ever buckle. A US puppy paw and in pretty darn good shape. After that I figured Id be digging minie balls all day. I was wrong. I did dig one but mostly a lot of farming junk and a dozen or so mule shoes.

I have picture only what I felt was worth seeing. I did leave out the standing liberty quarter I found. Forgot to add it in the pic. Its well worn and no date visible.

Anyway, If anyone can ID the spoonish looking thing on top (i think is made of bronze) and the very large brass buckle on the left I would be thankful. What are those two things?

I will definitely be hitting this spot again soon. Theyre about to build a building right on top of where i dug the US buckle! I gotta get back soon before they ruin it all with dozers.

Franklin.jpg

Upvote 0
Not a bad haul. I'd hit that spot again real hard.

I don't know about the "spoon thing" but the large buckle may be a saddle cinch. The other buckle on the right looks like a shoe buckle. That would be much earlier than CW. Nobody wore shoe buckles after the 1820's. You may have a really old site.

Keep hunting.

DCMatt

DCMatt said:
Not a bad haul. I'd hit that spot again real hard.

I don't know about the "spoon thing" but the large buckle may be a saddle cinch. The other buckle on the right looks like a shoe buckle. That would be much earlier than CW. Nobody wore shoe buckles after the 1820's. You may have a really old site.

Keep hunting.

DCMatt
Thanks for your input.
Someone suggested elsewhere that the spoonish thing was part of a stirrup.
Yeah I plan to hit it again. Im out of the country for a few weeks but when I get back I'll be there ASAP.
The area is just huge though.

Great finds for sure!! I would be hitting that area hard! Lot of action in that area...

George

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back