Four Rings and My New Website

MICHIGANJAY

Dec 28, 2006
MI
Detector(s) used
V3i, MXT, Equinox, Excal. 10, Ultra 1000
Primary Interest:
Other
Hello Everybody-I’ve wanted to post for a few days/weeks now, but as you know, I always like to run at “full throttle”. These past few weeks have been no different. Since the Michigan trip, I have taken a more “progressive” approach toward the great hobby/sport of metal detecting and relic hunting. First, A little over two weeks ago I found 3 silver rings in one football-field…. and that was only half of the field. I went ahead and drove back the next weekend and found a larger silver dolphin ring in the field. Along with the usual clad, this week I found a .925 Celtic cross and a 5c coin from the Republic of Liberia (W. Africa), and when this bright coin, with an ocean scene on it, came out of the ground- it had me going for a few seconds…Unfortunately I think the light weight material is aluminum. Besides Treasure Hunting, I have customized some of my detecting equipment, made a sifter box, built a bottle probe, started my GIS courses, and have taken the time to gain some bottle hunting experience…that continuing adventure will be posted on another day.

Most importantly, I shook off the nasty-disposition and self-skepticism that I couldn’t make my own website. Ever since I saw Bill’s Yoopercoinshooters website, I realized that I could build my own website... and I did. Along with the GIS courses, I have learned a lot about technology and the web. Beside the site, I now have a Google phone #, another g-mail, business cards with my info, along with other technology to aid my pursuits. So far-so good, but like many things in life, the web-site is a work in progress. I’ve only had a modest amount of people visit, but hey, at least now it is showing up on Google’s search engine. Since there are no other existent websites in the Pikes Peak Region, I believe that I will meet more interesting people, gather ol’ stories/maps, and potentially gain permission to hunt on some more good sites. At very least, if I drop off a flyer (yet to be made) or a business card, people have an online space to check out. I think that’s important and it makes me (and associates) look that much more credible in this day and age.

So if you get a chance in-between your adventures… climb up the mountain a bit, come on over and visit me up at http://pikespeakmetaldetecting.com . Check it out, see my photo gallery, read my blog, and who knows… maybe you will want to build your own website too.

Keep it Up!
M.J.

Attachments

• Rings Compressed.jpg
    Rings Compressed.jpg
    131.9 KB · Views: 657
  • Cross Compressed.jpg
    Cross Compressed.jpg
    81.9 KB · Views: 659
  • Web site compressed.png
    Web site compressed.png
    219.3 KB · Views: 676
  • Rings Compressed.jpg
    Rings Compressed.jpg
    131.9 KB · Views: 655
  • Cross Compressed.jpg
    Cross Compressed.jpg
    81.9 KB · Views: 655
  • Web site compressed.png
    Web site compressed.png
    219.3 KB · Views: 662
  • Card Compressed.jpg
    Card Compressed.jpg
    6.8 KB · Views: 596
Upvote 0
:hello2: Checked out your new web site, very nice job I enjoyed my time spent looking it over and I will continue to "lurk" as you update and finish building it.

Thanks Poppa ! It has been a lot of work getting the website to the stage where it is at now. Plus, there are a few more pages that I have "hidden" and once I clean them up, I will publish them. Thank you everyone else for checking out the site. I have had the most visitors latey and some of the guests who visit and respond are from all over the world. Too Cool! The internet is such a great way to make contacts and share info. When I visit places like T-net I feel like there is a larger community of people working together for common pursuits!

Thanks again t-net & everybody else that has visited - MichiganJay.

Nice rings! I saved your website also to check out later, looks pretty cool.

Shark27

Looking good! I will be sure to drop in from time to time!

Those rings are very nice, too!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back