FOUR HOURS OF HUNTING AND............

vic910

Bronze Member
Mar 14, 2005
Orlando, FL
Just suffice it to say I won't bother to post any pictures. Found about 15 nails, 10 construction staples, one Bud Light bottle cap, several screws, bolts, etc., one ratchet wrench, some foil, one crushed can, and some stuff I don't even know what it is. A couple of things will have to be washed before I can tell what it is. If it turns out to be anything interesting I'll post it later. What a bummer day!

vicki

Upvote 0
Hang in there vic :) , we've all had days like that. At least you're able to get out and hunt. We just got hit with more snow up here in Cleveland. Oh well, maybe next week ;)

Hang in there Vikkie, the good stuff will come soon! Keep digging up that trash, and sooner or later one of those pulltabs will be a nice gold ring or silver coin. Good things come to those who wait. HH!!

Thanks for the encouragement guys. It just seems so depressing when I read and see all the great finds that are posted on here. I won't give up yet though! I've only been digging for three months so I'm sure there must be some dues to pay first!

vicki

There are definitely some dues to pay until you learn your machine (which I'm still doing). The other thing to consider is that most people don't post the junk they find but mostly just the good stuff so it makes it look like no one is finding trash, but they are. I know I am!

Dudes

What does the wrench look like, if in good shape clean her up and into the tool box, one less trip to home depot. If you are finding stables then your machine is plenty sensitive. Keep plugging at it and the finds will show up. For the longest time I would only post Bobbies finds and rarely post mine, Because I know it can be frustrating for those just starting out to see others finding goodies and they werent. You are following the right premise if you want to find the good stuff you gotta dig the bad as well
keep us posted on you outings
hh
dave+bobbie

Yep, ya got to hang in there... Just when you think your never going to find anything good, it will jump up and surprize ya... ;D
Good luck & happy hunting~

it happens bud.there will be far more good days than bad with persistence i promise.hang in there.

peace,bigrig

Days like you had just make us appreciate that much more
the days we're hauling in all the goodies.Time in the field
and learning your detector is what its all about.

dont feel too bad vicki, i havnt found any silver or gold or buffalo nickles either. i think i live in the land of clad!! the silver and gold has got to be there!! if we are finding pull tabs and foil and staples and clad, we have to hit something good eventually!its not like we arnt finding anything at all.if we were using the machine wrong we wouldnt find anything.i think a lot of it has to do with finding a good location to hunt.they are few and far between around here but i am trying to get permission to hunt a few older spots right now. hopefully that will make the differance. keep at it!! and good luck!! :D

I know all of you are right. And I haven't given up. Also, I have found some really neat things. I guess I just start expecting it to be all of the time!

Free2Detect - It wasn't a construction site. It was the front yard of the house my husband grew up in. It sits on about 50 acres so I have a long way to go yet! I just figured since there were eight kids in his family there ought to have been a lot more pennies, toys, etc. to find. But, we've only done about 1/4 of the front yard. The reason, I think, there are so many nails etc., is from the construction of the house and I think they changed their fence line a couple of times. My husband tells me that there has never been a house on this land until they built theirs in the 1960's. He says that the land was always used for cattle grazing by the previous owners, who go back to the late 1800's. Still, someone at some point has come in and cleared the land and stuff, so I figure I've got a few detecting years to go on the property.

Everyone else - thanks for the ecouragement. Happy Hunting!

vicki

It's out there for you Vic, gotta keep diggin it all.My trash bag gets more then my goodie bag does most of the time.HH AND LOOK FORWARD TO YOUR FINDS.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back