Post-01.JPG
    109.7 KB · Views: 696
  • Post-02.JPG
    Post-02.JPG
    76.3 KB · Views: 709
  • Post-03.JPG
    Post-03.JPG
    88.5 KB · Views: 701
I'm not sure; maybe parts of a solenoid attached to a valve.
Mike

Upvote 0
Looks like the business end of a sand dredge nozzle, you know, the kind that pumps sand back up on the beaches......NGE

Upvote 0
can we see the left end of it...im pretty sure its not a valve and that there are some pieces missing on the center brass cinch coupling

Upvote 0
This is a very important piece of equipment.

Having been in the boating world for a number of years I fully understand the gravitational forces of salt water, which are tripled, in the direct vicinity of a boat.

Anything you are holding, particularly during emergency repairs or general maintenance, experiences an immediate increase of gravitational forces pulling the repair part from your grasp and into the ocean.

It's happened to me many times. I once dropped a very unique stainless steel screw from a height of 3 inches inside the cockpit. It bounced 17 times to finally go up and over rails as the forces of the salt water took over.

Upvote 0
Guy In Back said:
This is a very important piece of equipment.

Having been in the boating world for a number of years I fully understand the gravitational forces of salt water, which are tripled, in the direct vicinity of a boat.

Anything you are holding, particularly during emergency repairs or general maintenance, experiences an immediate increase of gravitational forces pulling the repair part from your grasp and into the ocean.

It's happened to me many times. I once dropped a very unique stainless steel screw from a height of 3 inches inside the cockpit. It bounced 17 times to finally go up and over rails as the forces of the salt water took over.

Darn those sea sprites and their desire for shiny baubles to court the mermaids with.
:icon_jokercolor:

Upvote 0
The brass part looks like an armature from an electric motor minus the windings.

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back