nebstater

Jul 24, 2007
Star City
Detector(s) used
White's - DFX,Prizm V, Spectra V3
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Found what I wasn't looking for today!

Today was one of those days that you just have to get out. Clear blue sky, sun is shining, and the battery pack is charged up waiting to go. Hadn't been able to get out for the last few days, so was really looking forward to going.

Downed a cup of coffee, checked out the window, and saw clear blue sky. A favorable sign.

Misc. Photos 007.jpg

Then I saw it. The ground was white. Not just a dusting, but over a foot of the stuff. And, even though the snow had stopped, it's colder than an well diggers a** in Alaska at midnight out there. Guess that I won't be doing any swinging for awhile.

Misc. Photos 002.jpg

Since it's that season of the year, good things come to those who wait. In this case, it was my son-in-law and one of his sons. Sure saved this old man alot of scooping.

Misc. Photos 006.jpg

Misc. Photos 004.jpg

Sorta looks like hunting may finally be over for this year. We ended up with about 14 inches on the ground, but I'm sure that areas south and east of us got much more.

Misc. Photos 008.jpg

In the event that I am not able to get out any more this year, I would like to wish all of my friends here on Tnet a very merry Christmas and a very prosperous New Year.

PEACE

Upvote 0
Re: Found what I wasn't looking for today!

Dude, it looks like you got more than just snow, I think that's the Balloon Boy stuck in the tree! (pic 1) Better call 911. :icon_profileright:

Iron Patch said:
Dude, it looks like you got more than just snow, I think that's the Balloon Boy stuck in the tree! (pic 1) Better call 911. :icon_profileright:

Actually, it's just a snow covered squirrel's nest.

Greetings Nebstater...

I know the feeling.

We just had 10 cm the other day and as I type this, we're getting bombarded by a 30 + cm wintert storm.

I took out the metal detector from the car and some of my equipment and put it away. I am sad considering a week ago I was still out with it.

Merry Christmas to you too!

Until the spring... let's research! :)

thanks for the pictures we dont have snow like that here in texas.and a merry christmas and a happy new year

Awesome pictures, though it definitely puts the skids on detecting...Now we have no snow here and usually don't get much. It WAS only 9 degrees this morning tho and the ground is like a rock. Been in the teens all week and that is highly unusual in these parts.
Take care of you snow blower!
~Nash~

Nice photos, but it puts a real damper on the detecting. Time to start dreaming of the next season. :icon_thumright:

It doesn't look like you got the wind with the snow that we got here in North Central Iowa. I have drifts 5 and 6 foot high in my yard. I have been stuck inside all day and I am pretty bored. Here is pics out my back door onto my deck.

Attachments

• 002.JPG
    002.JPG
    104.8 KB · Views: 681
  • 004.JPG
    004.JPG
    80.3 KB · Views: 675
  • 006.JPG
    006.JPG
    160.2 KB · Views: 670

We were lucky in SE MI with this storm, it blew north. Had a couple inches then rained. Blowin hard though. Might get out one more time if I can stand the 20 something degrees this weekend....

Hopefully the ground in the woods is not solid...

That snow sure is purty....unless your on the business end of a shovel

SteveDodds said:
It doesn't look like you got the wind with the snow that we got here in North Central Iowa. I have drifts 5 and 6 foot high in my yard. I have been stuck inside all day and I am pretty bored. Here is pics out my back door onto my deck.

Oh yeah, we got the wind! Gusts from 40 to 50 mph. I have a several foot high drift in my back yard, but I just didn't take a picture of it. There are 5 and 6 foot drifts all over town. Luckily, the snowplows got out into the residential areas this afternoon, and it only took about an hour to dig my driveway out again.

Im with you guys, I have 6 inches in the fron yard and more on the way. And I dont think the temp has gotten above 20 here. at least it feels like that. Looks like the season is done for me. :(

What must it be like for the people in the south to be able to MD all year long? :dontknow: It must be rough.

:coffee2: Here is a hot cup of coffee or hot chocolate to warm up all my northern TH-ing friends. :hello:

SteveDodds said:
What must it be like for the people in the south to be able to MD all year long? :dontknow: It must be rough.

:coffee2: Here is a hot cup of coffee or hot chocolate to warm up all my northern TH-ing friends. :hello:

Thanks, I hope you spiked it with something good.

I will take mine with some bourbon if you please! yeah it looks like my last outing was on the 3rd, that is unless some one losses their car keys or a ring, then i might have to get out again, and as the op said merry Christmas to all and a blessed and safe & prosperous New Year! blessings to all.

Chuck.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back