Dollybyers

Jan 2, 2016
Arizona and New York
Detector(s) used
Makro Racer 2, White's Coinmaster 5900/Di Pro
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It appears to be lead and is about 4 inches long and it weighs about 7 oz.

lead.jpg

Lead was VERY common in the old days. Tons (and tons and tons) were mined and used for, well, TONS of things! There were even many children's toys that were made in part or in whole of lead. That "could" be from lead pipe (they even used it for water line!), or it could just be a chunk of lead.

WARNING: The Surgeon General reports that overexposure to images of Lead may be hazardous to your health, and in California may even cause cancer.

Upvote 0
Could be a window sash weight?

Upvote 0
Wouldn't a window weight weigh more than 7 ounces?
I'm with AKiwi on this one, a trot line/fishing weight

Upvote 0
Wouldn't a window weight weigh more than 7 ounces?
I'm with AKiwi on this one, a trot line/fishing weight

That was my only issue, that it was lightweight for that use.Just couldn't understand why a trot line/net/fishing weight would be under a house so I thought maybe related to house instead.

Upvote 0
Someone could have thrown it at an animal to chase it from under the porch - or any of a hundred other possible explanations. :dontknow:

Upvote 0
ok my turn...it was Col. Mustard in the library with the lead thingy found under the house. In other words, i have no clue

Upvote 0
@ Jeff - please inform me- what exactly looks like a pipe in that pic?
If you take a piece of lead pipe, bust it up (if it isn't already) into pieces, a piece could EASILY look like in the OP.

leadpipepolypipe.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 0
@ Jeff - please inform me- what exactly looks like a pipe in that pic?
If you take a piece of lead pipe, bust it up (if it isn't already) into pieces, a piece could EASILY look like in the OP.

View attachment 1321976

Jeff was asking the same question of a poster from page 1 the blue post wasn't his.

Upvote 0
Sorry - I didn't understand. Anyway, there's my answer to the question. No disrespect intended. :notworthy:

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back