🔎 UNIDENTIFIED Found this petrified wood in belmont county ohio could anyone help identifying what type of petrified wood it is

Baron72

Tenderfoot
Sep 1, 2024
20240901_131305.jpg
20240901_131245.jpg

I've never seen pet wood from Ohio. Have you found any before this one? It looks to have rings like regular trees. Palm wood doesn't.

Upvote 0
I've never seen pet wood from Ohio. Have you found any before this one? It looks to have rings like regular trees. Palm wood doesn't.
20240901_190520.jpg

Picture above is what i've found this year

Upvote 3
Wow! You are finding a lot of pet wood. Do you think your wood was brought down with the glacier or is it a local deposit? I’m in the glacial part of IL and have only found one piece of pet wood in the glacial till. I’ve hunted the till for many yrs.
IMG_6486.jpeg
IMG_6487.jpeg

Upvote 1
Wow! You are finding a lot of pet wood. Do you think your wood was brought down with the glacier or is it a local deposit? I’m in the glacial part of IL and have only found one piece of pet wood in the glacial till. I’ve hunted the till for many yrs.View attachment 2166635View attachment 2166636
From what i have looked up it's from an ancient river system here is a screenshot with more info
Screenshot_20240902_081433_Google.jpg

I am pretty sure it is a tree fern.
Thank yo
I am pretty sure it is a tree fern.
Thanks for your help

Upvote 2

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back