found this out today

gp

Jan 5, 2005
ok i listed a real civil war buckle on ebay darn thing didnt sell, but i did see fake ass buckles selling for 300.00 dollars, can someone explane to me why people are buying the fake sh-t, come on a bullet lodged through a cs buckle, with all this fake sh-it out here, i think my authenic sh-t isnt worth a dam, i mean my sh-t has been in the ground 150 years its got the real patina on it, but the dumb asses buy the fake sh-it, sorry if i offended anyone that selling that sh-t and getting away with it, or buying it, i im just clueless they must have a bidding system to were they get their buddys to bid to make people think the sh-t is real
gp

Upvote 0
Well Gp you answered your own question. There is so much fake CW stuff on E-Bay. I have been watching the buckles and for a lurker I am pretty good at catching the fakes.Most of the regulars know who is putting out the fake stuff. The Minnie ball lodged in the buckle produces chuckles from the pros but they are meant for newbies.
If I was going to invest in a good confederate buckle I would only buy from a reputable dealer who guarantees his material to be authentic.
If you are selling a dug US buckle just remember that they are very common. On occasion I see an authentic primo US buckle with complete leather attached.
Make a display case and post a picture of them here. A lot of us would love to see your finds.

George

You may want to contact some re-enactors groups. Those guys know the difference between real and fake and tend to be willing to pay what it is worth.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back