Found this in Ocean Shores near some driftwood.

metaldetectingwiz83

May 30, 2013
Everett
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
001.JPG002.JPG003.JPG

Can someone help identify? I was sure this is some sort of butane bottle but its too small for one, plus I searched Google and nothing matched. :icon_scratch:

Kind of reminds me of a cooking fuel container, it also makes me hungry for cinnamon rolls.

Upvote 0
looks like some kind of reservoir to me . the flange on the spout would twist and lock in , and the way the throat is stepped it looks like it was made to fit into either a O-ring type receiver or a boot type.
i have been searching for Diesel boat engine fuel traps and oil traps which catch sediment /water and trash then they simply unscrew it and dump the contents out, but i can not find any that match it.
so i am not sure but that is the avenue i am thinking .
just my thougths , not sure what it is , just what it makes me think of,,lol

Upvote 0
Lol I know right! I was checking the pictures of what you were describing and it does have that top. I will have to keep looking. It is a perfect find for me lol! It was just lying up on the sand right close to the driftwood logs.

Upvote 0
Judging by the thickness of the metal, it looks like it would handle some pressure. I don't think it is a fuel container though because pressurized fuel would have a valve on top for safety reasons. It kinda looks like a paint pot for spray painting but all the ones I've seen and used have a removable top so you can clean it out. Is your item two pieces? It looks like there could be a seam just below the rusty upper part. If so, it could be a paint pot or filter of some sort. Looks overkill for a fuel or oil filter but maybe a high pressure lube filter?

Upvote 0
Ya when I went to look at it... it does seem like there could be one. Not sure of what to make of it though. It's a very particular find I think lol! It was just laying up on top of the sand next to the beached up driftwood.

Upvote 0
I can tell from the environment in the photo that that's Dracula's blood vial!

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back