Found this in backyard what is it?

Oct 2, 2012
Detector(s) used
Cabella's
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
DSCN0546.JPGDSCN0547.JPGDSCN0548.JPGDSCN0549.JPGDSCN0550.JPGDSCN0551.JPGDSCN0554.JPGDSCN0555.JPGDSCN0543.JPGDSCN0544.JPG
I found it with a Garrett pro pointer next to a well.:icon_scratch:

It appears to be a charm... gold plated...
Loop is gone... ? my guess.

Gold nugget charm ?

OR...
Was an "incomplete" "lay" by the "golden goose" :P

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Closest thing I'm seeing is a metallic ore called "Chalcopyrite" that is copper iron sulfide and similar to pyrite.

18470.jpg

Upvote 0
Any of the above is better than my guess, but, how about a rock that got spray paint on it when someone was touching up gramma's old picture frames?
Edit -- sorry, I'd overlooked that it was pinpointed with a detector.
2nd edit -- you know, it almost looks like Buddah's head... Or the heat is getting to me. :tongue3:

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Any of the above is better than my guess, but, how about a rock that got spray paint on it when someone was touching up gramma's old picture frames?
Edit -- sorry, I'd overlooked that it was pinpointed with a detector.
2nd edit -- you know, it almost looks like Buddah's head... Or the heat is getting to me. :tongue3:

That was my first guess... but changed my post after seeing the copper like greening underside.

Upvote 0
Need you to clarify something. In the second to last picture there are clearly visible scratches in the metal did this occur via shovel/harsh cleaning or is that how you found it? Also, is the entire thing metallic or is it metal on rock?

Upvote 0
I found it & it was all black, just like on the one side, started to clean it off to reveal what looks like to be yellow underneath the black. The Garrett pro pointer goes off while putting it on any side. So I'm guessing the whole this is some kind of metal. Thank you everyone for your answers most appreciated.

Upvote 0
Pretty heavy looking thickness for plate or even gold fill, I'd lean towards it being a small piece of melted down gold mixed with copper, like dory gold.

Upvote 0
put it in vinegar for 48hours...then wash with soap and water. That will clean it up...take more pictures.

Upvote 0
Near a well, my guess is a pump was being repaired, a crack in the pump being brazed, something like that, and you found a blob of melted brazing rod.

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back