Found this in a field behind my house. Not sure what it is? Pickaxe?

Clutch

May 28, 2019
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I’ve lurked these forums for years. Never had a good metal detector until recently I managed to pick up a Garrett AT Pro and a pro pointer. Hi.

Here’s something I found just out my back door of my house. Not sure what it is? Weighs maybe 7 pounds. 8-9 inches long, that’s an old shoe box it’s in. An old pickaxe head maybe? I found a huge 1 inch square nut right near it as well. Might be unrelated. Here’s a pic after I started cleaning off the layers and layers of oxidation.

FE68E1CD-6B0C-45DF-8494-79273CE1781F.jpeg

Welcome to Tnet Clutch, looks like it could be base or foot, more pics would help....

Upvote 0
I think its part of a jackstand to an old car. Just a guess.

Upvote 0
tn_md.gif
1st - I noticed this was your very first post - so, Welcome Aboard Clutch! You didn't list your state (or country) in your profile. So, you might consider jumping over to Sub-Forum: Select Your Area.... for information (i.e., clubs, hunts, finds, legends, maps, etc.) directly related to your state (or country).

tn_moved_over.gif
2nd - I moved ya from TODAY'S FINDS! over to WHAT IS IT? for more exposure.

Upvote 0
At first glance I thought I was looking at the back side of a door lock mechanism. The part that receives the chain.

Upvote 0
Welcome to Tnet Clutch, looks like it could be base or foot, more pics would help....

Yeah, I’ll def take some other pics later. Just haven’t been home, I should be able to get some tonight.

Found tons of old ammo as well. And a few pistol musket balls. Curious what else is out there.

Upvote 0
That at pro will sniff out all kinds of goodies

Upvote 0
Not sure what it is...
Clean it up some and post more pictures from all angles.

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back