Found these relics!!!

Preacher

Aug 29, 2005
I found these relics and a few more (that I will post some other time) in an old plowed field in Bentonville NC, it was in and around this area that the civil war battle of Bentonville was fought and I know for a fact that there was fighting and troop movement is it particular field. I am told this spot has been hunted heavily for many years, by all kinds of detectors including the self proclaimed relic king the nautilus DMCIIb (folks around here swear by them.) The latter unit is what two guys were swinging just the day before I hunted here and they laughed when I told them what kind of coil I swung. Bet if they could see what they missed they wouldn?t laugh (probably just grin) at me. I feel like that the Fisher 1236-X2 is an over looked diamond in the ruff even in this forum but I digress. And now that I have rambled my quota for today I will get back to my point. And that is what are these things and what might they have been used for. The ?A? is made of thin copper that I tried to clean some and I?m pretty sure the hook is made of copper to that I did not try to clean. If any of you have any ideas what they might be I would real like to hear it.

Attachments

• a.jpg
    a.jpg
    10.7 KB · Views: 314
  • a-side.jpg
    a-side.jpg
    6.8 KB · Views: 320
  • H-F.jpg
    H-F.jpg
    9.5 KB · Views: 318
  • H-B.jpg
    H-B.jpg
    9 KB · Views: 318
Upvote 0
Cool Finds.

Thanks For Sharing.

Jeff

Go get 'em Preacher! Really nice finds and even better to learn what they are! ;D

I see this is your first post so........

WELCOME!

Thanks for sharing your finds!

Nana ;)

Nice finds !,I found one of those hooks about ten years ago in Spanish Fort Alabama and did not know what it was for a long time. Good hunting.

Thanks for the help guys. Dose any one know what the "A" is? I have no idea unless it is part of a C. S. A. emblem. that was cut up by a tractor disk when they plowed the field, or maybe it was inlayed in a gun stock? what do you think

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back