Found some things in an old house, need help identifying and dating them!

mr helton

May 20, 2013
Michigan
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2
White's Spectrum XLT
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello

I got permission to rummage through an old house:
1.jpg

This is the stuff I pulled out. I know the first 2 are part of door hinges, but I have no clue how old they could be. The wooden thing looks like a telegraph machine...right? No clue what the last thing is. I ran the metal things through my rock tumbler for 2 hours.

DSC_0001.jpgDSC_0002.jpgDSC_0003.jpgDSC_0004.jpgDSC_0005.jpg

i would have to agree on that being part of a telegraph machine and i would say either some type of livestock buckle or maybe a dog collar buckle with a fastener for the chain?

Upvote 0
Well I decided to throw the coil thing in the tumbler for an hour because it's not really worth anything.

Turned out great and you can actually see that it says Ford on the top! Totally cool!

DSC_0001.jpg

Upvote 0
Just wondering why you would post a guy in a tub as your Avatar ? I think your a quart low on water. Is that a rubber green ducky I see in the background ?

Upvote 0
Just wondering why you would post a guy in a tub as your Avatar ? I think your a quart low on water. Is that a rubber green ducky I see in the background ?

That guy in the tub is me.

Upvote 0
That guy in the tub is me.
So why would you post it on a site were there is a lot of children who post. I don't mind people posting picks without shirts on but the bathroom scene I think it's inappreciative. I hope your not a school teacher .

Upvote 0
Are you serious? If it was a picture of me with swim shorts on you would be fine. I'm way more covered here.

Upvote 0
Leave the guy alone,gah! It's a goofy picture of him in the tub with suds on his head, nothing inappropriate,dang! Nice finds Mr. Helton .

Upvote 0
So why would you post it on a site were there is a lot of children who post. I don't mind people posting picks without shirts on but the bathroom scene I think it's inappreciative. I hope your not a school teacher .

Talk about OFF TOPIC! Very nice finds, Mr. Helton! And I like your avatar too.

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back