Mar 18, 2009
San Jose , California
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT PRO with Sunray probe, M6 with a Super 12 coil & a Whites Quantum II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I got out this morning to hunt an old school that dates from the 1940's , I had never hunted before . Well I was only able to hunt for 15 minutes and then every soccer player in the city showed up :BangHead: . I moved on to the next school . As I was leaving my hunting buddy Kevin call and wanted to meet up at the next school :thumbsup: . I got to the field first and found a few pieces of clad . Kevin showed up and I told him what I had found so far . As he put on his head phones I got a nice +12 at 4 inches . I couldn't believe what I saw in the bottom of the hole :o , GOLD ! But not any gold , it was a 14K gold pendent with the name KEVIN on it :laughing7: . What are the odds of that !!!! If Kevin had got to the field first he may have found himself :laughing7::laughing7::laughing7: . It weighs 4.75 grams and will go in my treasure chest :thumbsup: . The other items found were two junk rings , a 1944S wheat and two old Jefferson nickles in the same hole , 1947 and 1958D . Total clad for 3 hours was $6.54 .
HH
Glen

Attachments

• 100_3742.JPG
    100_3742.JPG
    685.3 KB · Views: 135
  • 100_3743.JPG
    100_3743.JPG
    640.8 KB · Views: 135
  • 100_3744.JPG
    100_3744.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 131
  • 100_3745.JPG
    100_3745.JPG
    935.1 KB · Views: 126
  • 100_3747.JPG
    100_3747.JPG
    624.1 KB · Views: 133
  • 100_3748.JPG
    100_3748.JPG
    534.1 KB · Views: 138
Upvote 15
Cool Story.
Is the Silver looking piece , Silver? & Does it have any design on it? Sry, did not enlarge the picture .Ill look again .
Gold is Great!

Look's to be Silver or a fresh drop of some other allow, & I do see a design.
Hopefully Silver for the Chest also.

Look's to be Silver or a fresh drop of some other allow, & I do see a design.
Hopefully Silver for the Chest also.

It is a little beetle pendent , not silver .
Glen

Great gold. I love pulling jewelry from the plug, even the junk because I always get that rush.

Never ceases to amaze me the amount of rings you find. One of these days you need to post a compilation pic of all the rings you've found. Congrats on the nice finds.

Once again way to go

Forget the treasure, that story is gold! Kevin arrived twice that day! Something like this cannot happen too often. :treasurechest::thumbsup:

Forget the treasure, that story is gold! Kevin arrived twice that day! Something like this cannot happen too often. :treasurechest::thumbsup:

I told him to find one with GLEN on it so we could trade :laughing7:
Glen

Gratz on the big gold!! Great story too, what a koinkydink!!

DANG THERE PL8 THATS NICE PEICE OF GOLD , NEEET FINDS ...

Great hunt! Looks like a few rings were found, Congratulations!

Awesome gold piece. (my name also) Looks like you had plenty of targets :thumbsup:

Heck yea! Into the Treasure box! I sometimes laugh at myself when I look into my treasure box. I don't actually have anything in there I'm willing to give up, so what's the worth? PRICELESS... uh, because I'm not selling it.

:)

Nice find! And Ironic to boot. :)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back