Monty

Gold Member
Jan 26, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Back to my old highschool again today. Only had a couple of hours to detect so I ran a quick scan across a grassy area in front of the field house. I first found 4 dimes and 7 pennies all clad. Just before I was getting ready to leave I ran one more strip of grass I had missed earlier and got a very positive target at only two inches, being shown as smaller than a coin in the silver range. This is an indication of a ring according to my manual. I took just the tip of my gator tool and flicked back a small bit of dirt and the ring popped out like it was just waiting for me to rescue it! It's not very heavy but it is silver with an iregular pattern etched into the face. It has some markings inside but they look foreign and I can't make them out even with a magnifying glass. So, two rings in the last week! Still no silver coins but things are looking up! JIM

Attachments

• DSC00134 copy.jpg
    DSC00134 copy.jpg
    25 KB · Views: 347
Upvote 0
Great find!! Looking up i guess! When you're hot, you're HOT! WTG!! HH

Nice ring Jim,

"A" size on the 2500 I take it??

HH

Lonewolfe

Your on one heck of a roll, Jim. Keep up the good work... ;D

GL & HH,

DugHoles
Upstate NY

Lonewolf, you're right the nice lady's voice said "A-5" at two inches but she was wrong! It was one inch! The ring looks like it is bent in the photo but it's not, it was designed to be wavy on the front end, JIM

Cool ring jim!!your workin that place aint ya.

nedigger said:
Way to go! Silver is always good. Looks like the word inside says Thailand. HH.

I would have to agree,,,,
Great find, Jimmy, WTG!!!
Good luck & happy hunting~

Nice ring - A tapering tool should take care of that warp no problem.
Love it when them finds come flying out of the ground.
I once had a 1963 quarter pop out and bean me in the forehead it wanted to come out of the ground so badly.

I've wondered about that. It seems that a silver object does indeed jump out of the hole! I don't know if it's an optical illusion because it's so shiney or what but it does. I just stuck the tip of my Gator tool in the ground and gave a turn and the ring just popped out! Now clad, clad is a bear sometimes. Half the time it's the same color as the dirt you're digging and the other half it's stuck to the side of the hole or is in a big dirt clod or root ball. Pennies are especially bad. They hate to give up. Sometimes they sneak out on the ground beside the plug and hide in the grass or crawl under your plug. Shifty little devils! Quarters like to sneak out in your tailings and just stick one edge out like come and get me if you can. I think dimes are the most dignified. The just seem to suddenly appear and always have that haughty look. I only found one half and it had an attitude. I don't know what a silver dollar would do but they look pretty aggresive. A gold coin would probably just lay there and smile at you. They've always look spoiled rotten to me. A nickel is probably the most illusive of all. He'll even send out a signal saying he's a pull tab. Maybe he's a little psycho? Who in their right mind would want to be a pull tab? Gross! Anyway, they all have distinct personalities if you pay attention. JIM

Nice ring, Keep searching jimmy it's out there. But from now till then just take it anyway you can get it right. You get alot of silver rings hunting parks schools and ball Fields especially. If you want silver coins you need to be in a site not touched of course. Or a good old lawn and permission.

Old park woods are a good place to find silver coins. Hit the rough sections and all of the woods it's there somewhere.

Good Luck Jeremy

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back