โœ… SOLVED Found On Civil War Battlefield

Valley Ranger

Silver Member
Mar 24, 2011
Shenandoah Valley
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800, Garrett AT Pro (2), Makro Racer 2, Garrett AT Pinpointer (2)
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting

Attachments

• IMG_4578 (800x600).jpg
    IMG_4578 (800x600).jpg
    101.6 KB · Views: 130
I have found a few of these but bigger on my hunts. I always assumed they were for leather straps for horses or horse and buggy's. So, I would guess since yours is smaller you are probably right for a belt of to fasten something. But if not, and they are something better, Im gonna dig mine out of the scrap pile.

Upvote 0
I have found a few of these but bigger on my hunts. I always assumed they were for leather straps for horses or horse and buggy's. So, I would guess since yours is smaller you are probably right for a belt of to fasten something. But if not, and they are something better, Im gonna dig mine out of the scrap pile.

Thanks TTH.

Upvote 0
From an old rifle sling????

Tim

Upvote 0
It is probably not a belt buckle or a sling buckle, but rather half of what is known as a "Stay-on" blanket web mounting used on horse blankets.

Attachments

• Screen shot 2012-11-11 at 7.56.05 AM.jpg
    Screen shot 2012-11-11 at 7.56.05 AM.jpg
    56.1 KB · Views: 116
Last edited:
Upvote 0
another pic:

Attachments

• blanket.jpg
    blanket.jpg
    74.8 KB · Views: 122
Upvote 0
Thanks Rob - I believe that's it! Likely 20th century? BTW, how's that book comin'? :icon_thumright:

No books from me, Rick .. I thought about it years ago, but gave up on the idea. Plenty of good references out there without mine cluttering the market.

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back