Found new site and a non-detecting find...

Ocean7

Bronze Member
Apr 15, 2004
SE, PA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800
Minelab Explorer II
Garrett MASTER HUNTER 7
Garrett ADS DEEPSEEKER
Compass X100
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
well think that I finally found another good site with history dating
back to 1750's. Did some MD'ing there Friday after work and found
some cut nails, and other typical junk, and a 53' wheatie. Place has a couple out-buildings including an old chicken coop. Owner showed me a large copper found under the walk-under porch moving some flag stones. It was in pretty fair shape. He has detected property with a borrowed MD and says he found nothing but junk. I think there is more than junk on this 2.5 acre site. :)

Changing topic - I just found a 1917 half dollar that was discovered while digging a foundation for a small shed back in 80's. I think this coin is what got me into metal detecting in the first place. It was pretty black - so I cleaned it with White's liquid silver polish. Looks a lot better now. So I'm posting this coin purely as inspiration - just wished that I had passed a coil over it first! :)

HH!

pics deleted by O7

Last edited:
Upvote 0
sweet coin if there a large cent there ---theres more than just trash there most likely count on it -- Ivan---

Digging up a 1/2 buck like that would perk my interest, too. Nice going on the new site, if you have a back up detector you might want to ask the owner if he'd like to hunt with you. Who knows he might even be able to get you on his neighbors lands, too. HH and good luck

Desertfox

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back