found near old farmhouse

Sunsandsumr13

Greenie
Oct 18, 2017
Wisconsin
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I found this in the yard of a house I used to live, it was an extremely old farmhouse that they have now torn down. Me and my sister were looking where our tire swing and woods were. I have no clue what it is, and I don't think it came from my family when we lived there. It was about 5 inches down.

IMG_1415.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_1416.jpg
    IMG_1416.jpg
    63.3 KB · Views: 83
  • IMG_1417.jpg
    IMG_1417.jpg
    67.2 KB · Views: 79
  • IMG_1418.jpg
    IMG_1418.jpg
    34.1 KB · Views: 74
I used to have one, a century ago, pistol grip to a toy gun, made of white metal.

Upvote 0
That’s what I’m thinking too! We lived there 20 years ago so it could be one of my brothers toy cap gun handles! Pretty cool going up there and maybe finding old things from way back, or things from my family. It’s like a win win!

Upvote 0
Without intending to (while researching the current thread about a capgun barrel) I stumbled across one that seems even closer than the very good answer from Icewing. The Kilgore Hawkeye in the link and picture below shows part of the inside, which I think matches the backside of yours, and the cross hatched area is raised slightly like on yours.
https://www.gunauction.com/buy/9312874
IMG_0095.JPG

Upvote 0
You’re right! Thank you!! That has to be it. I should’ve looked to see if I could find anymore of it. I can always go back again tommorow!

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back