Found My First Silver Today!!!!

mikey78

Greenie
Sep 11, 2004
I have went out metal detecting maybe 25 times in the last year since i had it. Today is the first time i have found any silver. I found this 1945 dime in New Symrna in a park about 1/2" inch deep. It looks to be in very good shap. Due to my poor quality camera, i cannot get a closer shot ;D

Attachments

• barber.JPG
    barber.JPG
    8.3 KB · Views: 274
Upvote 0
mikey,

Actually what you found is a mercury dime... none-the-less a good find. Congratulations.

Good lesson to always dig those shallow hits.

T. Haire

nice find!

find more, dig more, post more!

HH

Lonewolfe

Congrats on the find. It is rare to find them that shallow.

Congrats on your first silver...
If you would like to try and get a close up, you could try what I do, and put a magnifying glass in front of the lens...
Sometimes it work pretty well for me, ;D and sometimes not, :'(

B-E-A-YOOTIFUL! Great find! Isn't it a good feeling to find silver?

Melnatcat (a.k.a The Silver Queen as of late...hahah Floater)

First silver is a Mercury dime!! Nice! Trivia time: Actually it is not Mercury on the dime, but Liberty wearing a winged helmet.

I am still waiting on my first Merc!!

Good luck.

I will try that suggestion -using a magnifying glass, Thanks. I am thinking about going out again to the beaches this morning, but it will cost me about 10 - $15 in gas. The problem with central florida is all of the areas are all modern and devolped. There arent any old city parks and you rarely find any open land

Mikey, Congratulations. That is a really nice dime. the photo isnt bad but like someone has already said Try a magnifying glass. The detail still looks very good. on the dime though.Great work.HH

GRAT,S ON YOUR FIRST SILVER Mikey, nice looking Merc.Hope your next silver comes up quick.HH

If your camera has zooming capability, try to back up a little and then zoom in with the lense. For whatever reason, I am able to get closer more detailed pictures that way. It has trouble focusing if I just try to get real close. Nice find by the way!

Dudes

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back