Found my first ring! 6-17-2023

sibbley

Mar 18, 2023
Nazareth, PA
Detector(s) used
Dr. Otek MT-XR, Ace Apex, Xterra Pro, Nokta Legend, Nokta Makro Impact, Manticore, XP ORX, XP Deus 2 WS6 Master, Deeptech Vista X
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I began metal detecting in January 2023. It took 6 months to find my first ring, let alone a gold ring. It's not only special because it's my first. I found the ring on the property where my wife grew up. Most likely it's her ring! It's a child size and she was the only girl and her last name began with a "W".

P1000691_WM.jpgP1000694_WM.jpgP1000695_WM.jpgP1000696_WM.jpg

Thanks for looking...

Upvote 41
nice little ring. Sorry but it's not actually a solid gold ring, but rather 'gold filled' as marked, meaning it's a heavy gold plate. Typically gold filled items are plated heavy enough that 1/20th the weight of the item is gold rather than just a thin electroplate.

Nice find and cool story. Which detector did you find it with?

nice little ring. Sorry but it's not actually a solid gold ring, but rather 'gold filled' as marked, meaning it's a heavy gold plate. Typically gold filled items are plated heavy enough that 1/20th the weight of the item is gold rather than just a thin electroplate.
Yup, I looked it up. Still more gold than I've ever found.

Nice find NICE POST !!! Thanks for sharing

Absolutely fantastic!! There's nothing like that first gold ring !! Congrats and good luck on the future hunts !!

I began metal detecting in January 2023. It took 6 months to find my first ring, let alone a gold ring. It's not only special because it's my first. I found the ring on the property where my wife grew up. Most likely it's her ring! It's a child size and she was the only girl and her last name began with a "W".

View attachment 2089485View attachment 2089486View attachment 2089487View attachment 2089488

Thanks for looking...
Finding stuff from the family is the best! Very cool.

Gold or filled, it's significant on so many levels- Big time Congrats and best of luck going forward!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back