Gold Member
Feb 9, 2020
Eastern Ohio
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Minelab E-Trac
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
These finds are from the last several hunts I went on.
Not in the photo's are the (7) or (8) Wheat Cents and approx. (20) Clad coins found.
I'll clean the Indian Cents this Winter - sorry, horrible Cell Phone photo's as usual.

Barber Dimes -1914 - 1916 S
The 1914 is in Extra Fine condition (Full Liberty in Headband) - it's also my 35th - all time Barber Dime.

Indian Cents - 1884 - 1887 - 1889 - 1901 - 1902

Good Hunting !

Attachments

• MAH - Oct. 31-2023 Finds - A.jpg
    MAH - Oct. 31-2023 Finds - A.jpg
    43.7 KB · Views: 166
  • MAH - Oct. 31-2023 Finds - B.jpg
    MAH - Oct. 31-2023 Finds - B.jpg
    41.6 KB · Views: 143
Upvote 43
Not in the photo's are the (7) or (8) Wheat Cents and approx. (20) Clad coins found.
I'll clean the Indian Cents this Winter - sorry, horrible Cell Phone photo's as usual.

The 1914 is in Extra Fine condition (Full Liberty in Headband) - it's also my 35th - all time Barber Dime.

Good Hunting !
Very Nice!!! Congrats!!!

Good Hunting !
WOW!

Most excellent finds- Congrats!!

The places I hunt I've found more seated than Barbers! So it's a plus to dig one ever so often, 35 barbers is a lot of swinging of the coil! Thanks for sharing.

Yep, they are still out there, but you really gotta buckle down to find them. I only got 7 silver this year, but three were barber dimes, one seated half dime, one merc, one Washington, and the key date (1923-S) SLQ.

Good Hunting !
Nice finds.

Hi E-Trac-Ohio AGAIN you have done fantastic :) Folks E-Trac keep AMAZING RECORDS of ALL HIS FINDS and hunts He can go back like 5 years and tell you EXACTLY where a indian head was found and how long he hunted that day :O)

Hi E-Trac-Ohio AGAIN you have done fantastic :) Folks E-Trac keep AMAZING RECORDS of ALL HIS FINDS and hunts He can go back like 5 years and tell you EXACTLY where a indian head was found and how long he hunted that day :O)
I log all my silver finds on the coin holder. Where I found it on the front and the date found on the back. My first seated dime was an 1841 found in Bronson Park, Kalamazoo on 7/11/1981.

Addendum; Got an 1853 with arrows dime and an 1881 Indian early this week in a house yard I was told was hunted many times. Neither were all that deep (3" on the Indian, 4 on the dime). That makes 8 silver for the year.

Last edited:
I log all my silver finds on the coin holder. Where I found it on the front and the date found on the back. My first seated dime was an 1841 found in Bronson Park, Kalamazoo on 7/11/1981.
I like keeping records of all my finds and I have since day one, 16 years ago when I got my E-Trac.
It's fun to look back and see when and where you made your good finds.
But detailed records also help you decide if it's worth going back to a area that you hunted years ago or not.

I like keeping records of all my finds and I have since day one, 16 years ago when I got my E-Trac.
It's fun to look back and see when and where you made your good finds.
But detailed records also help you decide if it's worth going back to a area that you hunted years ago or not.
Exactly. When I went back to good sites I had hunted with the White's 6000D and hunted them again with the Minelab Sovereign, I found more good stuff. When I found an 1850 half dime in a hole full of nails with the Sov, I was shocked. Now I am going back over those sites again with XP Deus and Nox 800 and not finding much at all. The Sovereign did not leave much. I've been trying to prove claims that the newer machines go deeper, but the Sov went deep enough to clean out the sites. I have yet to find a deep coin missed by the Sov. I've gotten a few (VERY few), that were masked by iron that the Sov missed, but no deep ones.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back