Found me two nice Indians, a merc and a real cool token.

DirtDigginDan

Jul 3, 2018
Buffalo,MN
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800
Garrett Propointer 2
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Its been tough to get out the last couple weeks with the heat and mosquitoes, but finally got a break when the rain came thru on sunday.

I was planning on a road trip to a new town I been meaning to hit, but the it rained all day up until late afternoon, so that was out.

Went to plan B, I got permission for an 1890 house and when I showed up to detect, the guy changed his mind and decided he wanted to try to detect
his place(even tho he didn`t have a detector!).:BangHead:

So I walked across the street and knocked on the door of an older looking house which turned out to have been built in 1875, the lady was real nice
and let me start right away.

First target was a wheat and then on the third target, I got a real lousy bouncing signal that was jumping around between 16-30, but kept repeating so
I thought I should dig it, glad I did as it turned out to be an Indian! Got another similar signal a few minutes later and out popped another one!

There was only one tree in the front yard and when I went by the side of it I got a slamming 27-28 so I was hoping for a silver and wasn`t disappointed
when a shiny Merc surfaced!, my 34th silver for the year.:laughing7:

Last good target for the day was the store token, if anyone can help me figure out the age of it that would be great.

20190729_012512.jpg20190729_012456.jpg20190729_012546.jpg20190729_012613.jpg

Upvote 27
Nice hunting and rewards. Did you explain to the guy that changed his mind that using a metal detector takes practice to be able to find anything? I would have offered to let him borrow one. He'd give it a try, dig some trash, give up and let you try. (possibly!)

Store token looks really good. The ones I find here are always corroded by the soil high lime content. There is a token catalog online you can list it on and check the rarity. Nice find!

Nice, keep at it!!

very nice finds! I've been a victim of the evaporating permission as well. Sorry to hear about that. Those finds are day makers!!!

Reading your story I was thinking along the same lines as xr7ator. Offer your spare if you have one for you both to detect at the same time with you both keeping what you find. Let him choose his spot first without guidance and then you find another spot (I.e. clothes line).

There’s a weight loss commercial where I am that says “If you could have done it yourself, you would have already...”. I think the same applies here. If he was genuinely interested he would have done it already. On the other hand, you offering to share a spare might be what starts the addiction.

Great finds you put some work into getting those goodies.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back