found large piece of gold...maybe..

chignecto

Greenie
Dec 12, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
20131211_210715.jpg..I found this piece it is all metal looks like silver at first glance.but at a clooser look its golden.its very malable.it tested for 18k but the mark would not come off the streak plate.20131211_223720.jpg20131215_115829.jpg...any info would be appreciated. ..thnks shawn

Hello Shawn.

Welcome to these parts, and thanks for showing us this metal. I'm not getting gold visual clues…

In what context did you find it?

salvador-dali+1950s+magnifying+glass.jpg

Upvote 0
I found it in a very remote spot on a beach where not too many will venture too.I found it just laying in some rocks.I had it tested at a pawn shop.it passed the test for 18k but it left a mark on the streak plate so the guy said its not gold.its very malable.

Upvote 0
Take it to a buyer of gold scrap. If the pawn shop help ain't totally convinced they'll back off and say anything. I ain't seeing the color of gold in your picture, but I just can't say by a picture what it is you have. There are a good handful metals that are very malleable.

Upvote 0
I don't think it is gold - at least not in any natural state. Looks like a glob of solder or melted braze rod - especially being flat on one side.

Upvote 0
I don't see gold in the picture, looks more like what Charlie said.

Upvote 0
melted aluminum is very common on beaches.People build big hot bon fires and consume beverages that come in cans.....which end up in the hot fire

Upvote 0
Finding melted lead on the remote stretch of beach is a great sign that you should detect that area more if you like finding old items

Upvote 0
ForumRunner_20131227_021201.png

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20131227_021136.png
    ForumRunner_20131227_021136.png
    118 KB · Views: 92
Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back