Greenie
Jul 21, 2012
Minneapolis, MN
Detector(s) used
AT Pro
Garrett 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My fiance and I were metal detecting on one of our properties along the Mississippi in Wisconsin. My MD set off a loud confident distinct ping indicating that there was something good about 6" deep. I cut a 7" plug and on the bottom of the plug was a shinny gold piece, I removed it from the clump of dirt and it was this very interesting ring. It looked as though it had just been polished it was so bright in gold. There are two sapphire stones embedded in what looks like to be a gold nugget style ring. There are no "ct" or "kt" markings inside the ring only what appears to be a "mg". I will have to do some research on it. looks like a very unique ring.

Attachments

• gold ring.jpg
    gold ring.jpg
    104.2 KB · Views: 144
Upvote 2
Gold is good:icon_thumleft:Congrats on the nice ring!

It doesn't need a mark on it to be gold. Some old jewels didn't have marks on them, anyhow this looks pretty much as gold and if it has no rust on it on any spot than it might just be it. Have it tested if you feel the need to know.

Wow ! Thats Gnarly, sseet find .

REALLY nice find......I would let a jeweler see that one. Not really like a typical nugget ring. Looks like a top notch find.:icon_thumleft:

:hello2: Really nice gold! I am partial to sapphires, too. Really pretty ring.

looks custom made to me. excellent find. congrats!

that is a neat looking ring......wtg

Very nice find, Congratulations! Very unique! :icon_thumleft:

Awesome ring find,Might be 18 or 22 K,have it tested buy someone you trust.Happy hunting.:icon_thumleft:

Welcome and well done:wav::wav:

I will post what I find out when I take it in tomorrow... Thanks all!

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back