✅ SOLVED Found in Potomac River What in the world - cord tightener (cheers Redcoat)

Rhapsody

Bronze Member
Jan 1, 2022
North American Continent
Detector(s) used
Nokta Anfibio
Nokta Legend
Human Eyeball
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting

Attachments

• IMG_2814.JPG
    IMG_2814.JPG
    940.3 KB · Views: 54
  • IMG_2815.JPG
    IMG_2815.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 54
  • IMG_E2817.JPG
    IMG_E2817.JPG
    541.3 KB · Views: 65
Looks like part of the device patented as a “curtain cord tightener” by Chauncey C. Parker of Brooklyn, NY:

Parker.jpg

"Cord-pulley's for curtain fixtures have heretofore been made with a spring, which yields or expands as the cord may slacken or tighten under atmospheric influences. They have, however, been constructed so as to have a very different appearance from the ordinary rack-pulley, and the cost of manufacture was enhanced. The nature of my said invention consists in a pulley-slide having two arms at right angles to each other, one arm receiving the pulley and the other extending up within the coils of a helical spring contained in a sheet-metal case, which arm becomes the guide and sustains the pulley, allowing it to slide with but little friction as the cord may contract or expand."

Upvote 11
Looks like part of the device patented as a “curtain cord tightener” by Chauncey C. Parker of Brooklyn, NY:

View attachment 2103956

"Cord-pulley's for curtain fixtures have heretofore been made with a spring, which yields or expands as the cord may slacken or tighten under atmospheric influences. They have, however, been constructed so as to have a very different appearance from the ordinary rack-pulley, and the cost of manufacture was enhanced. The nature of my said invention consists in a pulley-slide having two arms at right angles to each other, one arm receiving the pulley and the other extending up within the coils of a helical spring contained in a sheet-metal case, which arm becomes the guide and sustains the pulley, allowing it to slide with but little friction as the cord may contract or expand."
you are Good! Thanks for ID this one had me stumped for sure.

Upvote 3

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back