Mar 20, 2012
Mebane, North Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold and AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hey yall, I have an interesting bottle for you guys to identify. It was found here in Alamance county, in a field, while searching for arrowheads. There were no old houses nearby. All I know about it is what you see in the pictures. The bottom is kind of angled, as seen in the last picture.

FoundInNC

IMAG0118.jpg
IMAG0119.jpg
IMAG0141.jpg
IMAG0142.jpg
IMAG0143.jpg
IMAG0144.jpg
IMAG0149.jpg

Last edited:
WOW! When I find things in the middle of nowhere here in the Ozarks, I wonder if they were plopped down by a tornado..hmmm. That vase (?) is beautiful and I hope our bottle diggers can help us all with an identification. Congratulations! Sub

Upvote 0
Fricken amazing, post it in the bottle section if you don't make the banner!!! I quit mister! It actually looks like you put it back together.HH Did you find it?
Broken Knee

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Cool bottle..

Upvote 0
Fricken amazing, post it in the bottle section if you don't make the banner!!! I quit mister! It actually looks like you put it back together.HH Did you find it?
Broken Knee

It is in my possession as of today, but i was not the one that found it. A long time member of my fire department passed away and it made its way to me from the family. He found it in the 70s. It is not broken. It has fractures in the glazing, but it is 100% complete with no chips. I love it, as soon as I saw it I fell in love with it.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Looks to be a handmade vase. At the base it seems to be dirty so I cant tell, but does it show a ring as in a circle? If it shows this then you can better date it. Is there any kind of writing on the base? This would help also in dating it. I like old bottles.

Upvote 0
Not glass then if it doesnt have a ring. I guess it doesnt have a seam then leading to the top on the sides?

Upvote 0
Looks to be clay. With glaze.

Upvote 0
Take it to a antique shop and see what they say.

Upvote 0
Wow that is one sweet find.. It definitely looks old... Update us when you find out more..

Upvote 0
reminds me of this...

014.jpg

my first guess would be Italian or Mexican

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back