jimb

Feb 22, 2008
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Attachments

• Ring in a bag.JPG
    Ring in a bag.JPG
    35.6 KB · Views: 1,067
I guess the first Question is Are there any markings on it!!!!
The second Question is If there were positive markings did you have it checked by a jeweler????

Chug, No markings in the ring, but there is a scratch that shows gold color throughout. No discoloration. Have not taken it to a jeweler. I had a jeweler switch stones on me once then denied it. He said he never had the stone out of the ring. Yet one prong was up and the stone was off center. After that I do not trust them! The strange thing about this stone is the amount of fascists. There are many. Here is a picture of the ring that the guy lied to me about.

Attachments

• Pad 1.JPG
    Pad 1.JPG
    34.5 KB · Views: 1,050
A reputable jeweler or appraiser will let you stay while they do their thing. You shouldn't ever have to let the ring out of your sight.

GibH said:
A reputable jeweler or appraiser will let you stay while they do their thing. You shouldn't ever have to let the ring out of your sight.

This guy was suppose to be a good one, big store, long time, etc. He was behind a caged window. I told him I wanted to match the color for a pair of earrings. He wanted to see the ring. I handed it to him and he said that it looked like a golden saphire, suddenly got up and ran to the back, saying he had to look at it through the big scope. When I got it back it did not sparkle like it use to. I would actually look at it for for a long time looking at all the flashes, but after he had it, no more sparkle!

GibH said:

I would agree here, just take it to another jeweler and make sure it is always in plain sight. :icon_thumleft: Don't ever take it by someone like me, my hands are quicker than the eye ;D

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back