Found Gold !!!!

Doug-Iowa

Mar 31, 2003
Ottumwa, Iowa USA
I got out today for a short time. Just long enough to cleansweep a volleyball court with the DeLeon. This was the first time I had the cleansweep coil on the DeLeon. I found a bracelet 13.65 grams of gold in 14kt. I am liking this detector more every time I use it. :D

Doug-Iowa

13.65grams14kt.JPG

Upvote 0
Way to go Doug! I'd like to know what a "Clean sweep" is too.
Went out this morning but got zip. Did have a nice talk with the local police at a park. Two real Good guys. No hassel "Sure go ahead just don't dig too big holes. " Was the answer can I hunt here? tomorrow is another day. Getting a good tan.

Keeping swinging!

Attachments

• IMAG0594.jpg
    IMAG0594.jpg
    470.2 KB · Views: 18
  • IMAG0612.jpg
    IMAG0612.jpg
    442.7 KB · Views: 17
Tesoro Cleansweep coil CSC.

The Cleansweep Coil (CSC) is an 18" x 3.6" coil. It weighs 1.8 pounds. It is hot from tip to toe, so ground coverage is fast. The depth on the CSC is up to 7 inches on coins in ideal conditions.
I mounted the CSC on my Cort?s, and the first thing I noticed was the CSC is somewhat bulky and awkward to swing until you get used to it. It does throw the balance of the detector off mounting a coil of this size on it. Having said this, I did get used to it fairly quick. Swinging it I realized this coil has tremendous ground coverage. I did find myself swinging it a little slower then the standard 9?x 8? coil, do to the weight. Even with the slower swing speed, I was covering ground incredibly fast. When I hit my first target it read 8 inches deep on the depth gauge of the Cort?s. I thought, this coil is really deep. I soon realized that with the CSC on the Cort?s the depth gauge is no longer accurate. It reads almost double the actual depth of the target. The deepest dime I have dug to date was at just less then 6 inches. I use dimes as a gauge of depth because of the size of the coin.
Pinpointing with the CSC I found to be easier then any coil I have ever used. Once a target is located, I just backed the coil off the target. I use a slight twitch of the wrist, just enough to make the tip of the coil twitch side to side. This will give off a constant double beep, if you are centered on the target. When the beeping quits you are no longer over the target with the tip of the coil. Move it forward till the beep returns and the target will be right under the tip of the coil in the center.
The places that I personally have found the CSC to be useful are ball fields, soccer fields, and any place that people gather for festivals or carnivals. It is very useful to quickly covering playgrounds and beaches. I use it any place that the targets are fresh and have not had a chance to get real deep in the ground. The CSC is also I big advantage in any competition hunt, if that particular event allows the use of them.
The CSC works fairly well in trashy areas. Not as good as a 4? coil would be, but it is much better then a full size coil. It can be maneuvered around the trash, and I have even been known to lift the back end of the coil off the ground and just use the tip to pinpoint more easily in trashy areas.
My overall opinion of the CSC is that it has a place in any treasure hunters arsenal. I find myself using it on most sites that do not have the potential for deeper and older targets. It is well worth the investment, as it allows for some very quick ground coverage when a person doesn?t have a lot of time to detect.

Doug-Iowa
Doug Heidebrink
DJs Detectors
http://www.djsdetectors.com/Tesoro/TesoroCoils/Cleensweep/cleansweep.htm

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back