Found another penny...

gsmeiers

Nov 25, 2004
Appleton, WI
Upvote 0
Gsmeiers, if you found a 1936 wheatie, chance are there are silver coins there as well. Keep hitting that spot and find that silver! I second the Ice Cream idea, that way, even if you don't find anything, she still gets her "treasure", lol! HH!

How old is your little one?

I always try and get my sons thinking of the last person that may have held that penny or whatever they just dug up. Imagination in a child is SO cool! Vivid and uninfluenced! Sometimes I swear my boys are even clairvoyant! I bought some history/photo books of my area and have taken them around town to the spots where the old photos were taken in the books. They get blown away when they see the same spots today! We've had some really interesting conversations. You can just see the wheels spinning at warp speed as they look around and imagine things as they used to be. I always bring up the people of that time gone by and connect those people to the coin in their hand. It's really cool to see the lights come on in their eyes and mind!

Have fun, and enjoy your time with your little one! God knows it's too short!

Rod

Have fun, and enjoy your time with your little one! God knows it's too short!
Amen to that Rod! I got out today with my 9 year old daughter and 5 year old son, and we all had fun! That in itself if a great find that I always treasure!!

Treasurekidd,

We're in the same boat :) My boys are 9 and 6. Love'um to death! They're the greatest treasure I could ever hope to have ;)

Rod

Yes they are Rod. I have 4 kids, but the 14 year old doesn't dare join in because her friends might thinks it's uncool, and my 3 year old is too young to go, but the middle two seem to be into detecting. My five year old son thinks it's cool just to find trash and fill up the trash bag full of goodies, lol! HH!

Good find. I'd take a 36 wheat over a 100 memorials any day. WTG! HH

Thanks everyone.

I have 4 kids; 11G, 9B, 5G, and .25G

I took the 5yr old out with me this time...

It's fun... I'm waiting for my Lesche digging tool to come... The little one I got with my detector just doesn't doa very good job.. . Hopeing it helps my divets!!!! This will make the wife very happy.

:)

Garrett

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back