Found An Almost New Safari For $600......Picked It Up...

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I sold my Whites 6000 XL PRO about a month ago and I have been sitting on the funds since, I was going to wait to see if any new detectors come out, but I couldn't pass up this deal.

I found an almost new Minelab Safari, man wanted $800, I got him down to $600 in cash and it includes all the goodies, plus a sand basket which I will sell since I have one already.....

He bought it from Kellyco the end of 2010, says he took it to the beach one time for 2 hours...... To quote him " I just don't have the time to do this".......... Looking forward to my new toy. The Safari has fantastic reviews...... ;D

Re: Found An Almost New Safari For $600......Pick It Up Sunday...

Wow excellent deal. :headbang:

nice haggling/price drop :icon_thumright:

Congrats on the steal of a deal. :icon_thumleft:

I almost called on it, but it wasn't worth the domestic turmoil that would've ensued. :laughing9:

I have enough detectors..... for now. :laughing9: >:D

Good luck with the new machine. :icon_thumleft:

willie d said:
Congrats on the steal of a deal. :icon_thumleft:

I almost called on it, but it wasn't worth the domestic turmoil that would've ensued. :laughing9:

I have enough detectors..... for now. :laughing9: >:D

Good luck with the new machine. :icon_thumleft:

If I hadn't sold one it would have been little harder to have bought the Safari. My wife knows I sold one and I told her when I sold it I was using the funds to buy another one....She also knows I didn't lose any money on the one I just sold, and I told her I got a good deal on the new one so I want lose any money on it either.....

Congrats on the new detector. You will have a ball learning the new unit as it is all about the fun, isn't it. :coffee2:

Sandman said:
Congrats on the new detector. You will have a ball learning the new unit as it is all about the fun, isn't it. :coffee2:

Thanks SM..... I picked it up today, it is in near mint condition, really a clean unit, I haven't take it for a test drive yet, but I did play with it in the yard for about 30 mins or so, looks to be easy to use..... It came with the Minelab Carry bag, ML finds bag, hand scoop and he even threw in a 16 pack of AA batteries he had bought for it...

Probably take it for a spin next weekend..... ;D

Treasure_Hunter said:
Sandman said:

Thanks SM..... I picked it up today, it is in near mint condition, really a clean unit, I haven't take it for a test drive yet, but I did play with it in the yard for about 30 mins or so, looks to be easy to use..... It came with the Minelab Carry bag, ML finds bag, hand scoop and he even threw in a 16 pack of AA batteries he had bought for it...

Let us know how you like useing a screen..........

Keppy said:
Treasure_Hunter said:
Sandman said:

I didn't buy it for the screen at all, the best thing about the Safari is it has multiple tones and the screen, I am a tone hunter first, I don't need to use the screen. :headbang: What I heard that I liked about it before I bought it, it is very deep, It is FBS technology, using the 28 freqs, I also like the noise canceling feature......and most of all THE PRICE ;D $600 for detector, Minelab carry bag, 16 new batteries, aluminum had scoop that I don't need and the seller met me half way....He drove 65 miles to meet me half way....

I bought it to replace the Whites 6000 SL PRO I sold.....

Treasure_Hunter said:
Keppy said:
Treasure_Hunter said:
Sandman said:

I didn't buy it for the screen at all, the best thing about the Safari is it has multiple tones and the screen, I am a tone hunter first, I don't need to use the screen. :headbang: What I heard that I liked about it before I bought it, it is very deep, It is FBS technology, using the 28 freqs, I also like the noise canceling feature......and most of all THE PRICE ;D $600 for detector, Minelab carry bag, 16 new batteries, aluminum had scoop that I don't need and the seller met me half way....He drove 65 miles to meet me half way....

I bought it to replace the Whites 6000 SL PRO I sold.....
Sounds like a great deal to me.......... Myself i would go for a deal like that......... :icon_thumright: :occasion14:

Attachments

• imagesCA4VLH0W.jpg
    imagesCA4VLH0W.jpg
    5.3 KB · Views: 546
Exactly my experience getting my first detector, new safari for $600, from a Whites aficionado...
Got a mass cent within a week and never looked back,
Mike at woodlanddetectors and Minelab all the way ;D

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back