🔎 UNIDENTIFIED Found a Skeleton key in the same park I found the potential cannon ball

itsConnorStade

Aug 14, 2024
Found in Hamilton, Ontario, Canada

Measures 5 1/2” x 1 1/2” inches

Engraved = “ 2 • “

It’d be cool if someone in the city knew what it was for and had #1

Before and after being cleaned up! (I’m really not sure if I should have cleaned it… it was my first key and I wanted to see how it went but idk) let me know what you think pls! And what possible date and composition would you say it is?

It was found in a semi modern local school yard .. but the grounds has some history as it’s turning out

IMG_1097.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_1108.jpeg
    IMG_1108.jpeg
    689.4 KB · Views: 19
Last edited:
Nice recovery on the key, it cleaned up great.

Upvote 1
Found in Hamilton, Ontario, Canada

It’d be cool if someone in the city knew what it was for and had #1

Before and after being cleaned up! (I’m really not sure if I should have cleaned it… it was my first key and I wanted to see how it went but idk) let me know what you think pls! And what possible date and composition would you say it is?

It was found in a semi modern local school yard .. but the grounds has some history as it’s turning out

View attachment 2165842
Big as that is it could be the proverbial key to the city. Don’t think it really matters on this item, but no, I wouldn’t clean anything else other than a light brushing. Once you take the patina off, it’ll take 100 years to put it back.

Upvote 1
After looking at is closer I think the engraving might say 01 instead of the number 2 …. What do you guys think?

Attachments

• IMG_1110.jpeg
    IMG_1110.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 12
  • IMG_1109.jpeg
    IMG_1109.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 12
Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back