Feb 9, 2020
Eastern Ohio
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Minelab E-Trac
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I'm not really a clad coin hunter.
99.9% of the time I hunt for old coins and relics but I do collect even the newer coins I find.
I keep one of each Wheat, newer Lincoln's, Nickels, Dimes, Quarters & Half's in Harris coin folders.

Yesterday I hunted a local Baseball field looking for State or National Park Quarters for my collection.
Looks like it was never hunted before because I ended up digging (43) Quarters in less than two hours.
The cool thing is I found a Purse that had (11) clad Quarters in it - about 5 inches down.
Sure would be nice to find a Purse like this at a 1880's house that was loaded with Seated or Barber's !

Good Hunting !

Attachments

• Quarters - 5-27-24-A.jpg
    Quarters - 5-27-24-A.jpg
    76.1 KB · Views: 146
  • Quarters - 5-27-24-B.jpg
    Quarters - 5-27-24-B.jpg
    57.8 KB · Views: 126
  • Quarters - 5-27-24-C.jpg
    Quarters - 5-27-24-C.jpg
    50.1 KB · Views: 127
Upvote 42
99.9% of the time I hunt for old coins and relics but I do collect even the newer coins I find.
I keep one of each Wheat, newer Lincoln's, Nickels, Dimes, Quarters & Half's in Harris coin folders.

Yesterday I hunted a local Baseball field looking for State or National Park Quarters for my collection.
Looks like it was never hunted before because I ended up digging (43) Quarters in less than two hours.
The cool thing is I found a Purse that had (11) clad Quarters in it - about 5 inches down.
Sure would be nice to find a Purse like this at a 1880's house that was loaded with Seated or Barber's !

Good Hunting !
A purse with 11 gold coins would be better.

Good Hunting !
Neat find👍!!!

Good Hunting !
that's a lotta digging and a lotta fun, thanks for posting

Good Hunting !
Thank you for your post!

This just shows what I've written here before - the key to success isn't the machine you use or your with it (although those are important). The essential element is where you hunt.

There are baseball diamonds in every state in the Union.

Good luck to all,

The Old Bookaroo

You had me at “purse”. 🤪
Cool find. I bet the old heart was pumping when you saw that. 👍
Congrats,
MM
I knew they were going to be Clad Coins before I opened the Purse.
The Baseball Field I was hunting is less than 20 years old.
It was still a fun find.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back