Found A Little (2/12/11)

coincrawlin

Sep 13, 2010
SoCal
Detector(s) used
Teknetics G2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So since I didn't get any boxes of halves this past week I decided to hit up a couple banks I don't normally go to and hopefully place some orders and start using them as new supply points. I don't like going on Saturdays because the lines are always so long. Two I didn't even bother going into as they were crazy busy. A third said they don't order halves, but I did pick up $300 in dimes. The fourth said they "might" be able to place an order, so gave them my info and phone number. Also picked up $100 in dimes and one lonely machine wrapped roll of halves they had in the back (halves were a skunk).

The dimes were a mix of CWR's, machine wrapped rolls, and quite a few that were machine wraps but opened on one end and stuffed back in the wrapper (figured someone's dumps). In the end, came away with 5 silver Roosies....a 1948 (badly mangled), 1961, 1961-D, 1963-D, and 1964. The dime search is not as much fun as doing halves for me, but they usually seem to produce something. May have to do a little more, especially since halves are getting harder to find.

Best of luck to everyone searching this week!

Upvote 0
I find dimes are a nice change if getting skunked on halves. I moved to dimes this past week and am thrilled to finally see those silver rims. I agree it is not as much fun as they are worth a lot less, but after seen box after box of clad, a small shiny rim is great!

Good luck this week.

nice score on the silver dimes! i too love to search dimes, though i havent lately because i cant stand all the uncirc boxes around...good luck on the half ordering! keep it up and hh!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back